View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
toneqdup
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Difficulty Spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight13951
Has anyone noticed massive difficulty spikes that force you to lose? I have been playing a fantasy draft association with a few friends on superstar. I can usually hold my own but after a few wins, the computer comes back with a vengeance. They start getting crazy amounts of offensive rebounds (15 to 3 in the last game) even when my players have the other team effectively boxed out, the ball will take weird angles and roll between multiple rebounders straight to the computer. They also knock down all sorts of rediculous contested shots. Timeouts don't help either.

Anyone else deal with this on a regular basis?

PS: This is what it feels like when the computer does this.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's the way the game works this year. I play on SS/Sim with a young, but talented Kings team in association. 3 things you must know.

1. Always run plays. Also learn how to do many things on the same play. This is how I always get good, wide open shots (most of the time).

2. If you are up by 20, or go into the 4th up by about 10, ALWAYS turn your fast break to 0. Yeah, they'll still get some off. boards, but atleast you know you couldn't do much about it.

3. The one I don't like. If they cheese you (Turbo lead pass in the paint or crazy oops) you got to cheese them back to get back momentum. I was up on the Cavs by 20 who got Dwight and Iggy, and they attempted about 9 standing still oops on me in the 4th. Hit about 7 of em. Plus when they were down by 4 Dwight flew in the lane at 100mph morphing through dudes and dunked. I had to do a cheesy up and under and a standing still under the hoop dunk to win/ break momentum.