Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #65
nip83
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
I've been monitoring this thread a bit and feel ready to jump in. I'm playing on the PC version (so no patch), and I did some play testing with coach mode.

I did not see any difference in freelance based on the Run Plays setting. The only difference I saw was that at high levels, teams would call multiple plays in one possession if a play failed, while at low levels, teams would freelance after a play failed. No matter what, plays were always called (unless a fast break was initiated from the rebound).

I'm not sure I see any difference between high and low tempo levels either. I'm now playing with every team at 0 tempo, and run plays from 10-30 based on whether the teams have more creative ballhandlers or more post players.

I'm also on pc and i think it works a bit differently to what people have described about the run plays slider.I don't see people standing around as much.Mostly it's with run plays higher the cpu takes more offensive options during a play(e.g. shooting when open on look to the post plays instead of the second entry pass etc.) rather than execute the whole play.The run n gun situation after misses is like described above...has to do with fastbreak slider and most importantly your own crash offensive boards.Not really sure yet.

One last theory.Have you experienced a lot less pick n roll plays with lowering down the attack the basket(to let's say 2 or 1)?Because players will attack regardless of how it is setup, if you give them lanes.I just had the impression i was not seeing enough pick n roll plays from the cpu.It would be rather confusing if these sliders work differently from pc to consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove