View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: User Catching is considered cheezing in some leagues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It's a bit of a religious question, so-to-speak, and for minimal conflicts you should find a player group who holds the same view on the issue as you do. That is, if you want to switch onto receivers / DBs on contested passes but your league frowns upon it, find a new league.

I personally have no problem with the user attempting to have an effect on the game's on-field outcome by taking control of his players at any point during the play, be it on offense or defense. I do so regularly when playing defense as I historically have not trusted my safeties in the Madden games to attempt to make plays on deep passes. It's habit to me at this point, and thus I will never play in a no-switch league. I'm okay with this, some people aren't; I avoid conflict by playing with like-minded players.

I'll put it this way: if I didn't want to act as a player on the field, I'd play Head Coach. IMO a video game is meant to be played by the player.
I couldn't of said it better. I actually don't USER catch as much as I use to but I have no problem with guys who do it. Some of the guys who call it an exploit are usually the ones who aren't too good at doing it and hate seeing guys smash them doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove