View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #153
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I played one game last night before sleep took over but I'll give you a rundown just from that small sample:

Lebron started the game with a reverse windmill dunk (an animation I did not know was in the game) lol. I knew I was in for bull$#!t and I was not disappointed.

80 of their 110 points came from the paint but here is something weird, only 16 points came from fastbreak with run plays at 0.

That is technically wrong. There were a bunch of instances where they pushed the ball up court than they would do that flinch/jerk thingy like they were going to their positions to start a play and literally a second later a shot would go up. That to me is still a fastbreak but the game does not see it that way.

I was using the Spurs and kept my turnovers to 11 only 6 came from steals. I was really mindful of bad passes because every steal and every defensive rebound was a pants on fire jailbreak for the Heat. The only time they didn't push hard after a miss was when I was "clearly" back on defense.

With everyone's drive the lane tendency at 100 you can plainly see when a play breaks down. It's like the entire team is being summoned to the paint. If Dwayne Wade even looks like he's about to beat his man then Lebron goes for an Ally-oop.

Pure Chaos.

Ill get back to it tonight.
I just finished watching a CPU match with the Heat vs. the Heat. The "visiting" team was set to Coach mode so I could see plays as they were called.

There were several drive and kicks to players (mainly Battier and Ray Ray) spotting up in the corner. Lebron did this mostly but I also saw Chalmers and Wade do it a few times.

Battier shot A LOT in Freelance/Fast Break situations.

Most of the Close Shots were Post Shots from called plays.

Most plays called were PNR/Fades.

If the big 3 were off the floor, nearly all plays called were 3's.

Both teams ran FB/FL through the beginning of called plays a lot, especially after missed shots or turnovers.

There were only a few backdoor cuts (cuts along the baseline from the weakside).

There were cuts to the basket about 1/4 the time in FL and FB opportunities that were not intelligent. IE, Battier would run from the elbow straight to the basket, stand there for a few seconds, then spot up somewhere along the 3PT line.

So far, that's what I have. I don't know if the Drive the Lane tendency affects players while dribbling. I'm starting to think it determines if a player stands still or cuts to the basket when playing off-ball. There were a lot of PIP, about 60%, but I chalk that up to a high shooting percentage and not simply forcing the ball into the paint.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.