View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #157
Sellaz32
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
They only had 12 legit FB points. There were a lot of possessions where the AI appeared to "switch" from FB mode to either FL mode or call a play but the ball handler would almost immediately take a shot. You saw some of this, also. If I was scoring, I would say closer to 30 FB points, but I score those differently than 2k.

Also, EVERY player in my roster has 0 in Give/Go.

I think they had 22. Also, I'm not saying anything conclusive at this point and everything is simply assumption, albeit some educated assumption. That's why we're doing this, right? To figure out conclusively what does what?
In my mind no other tendency in 2k creates more confusion and yet seems to have such a huge impact on gameplay than the drive the basket vs spot up and pull up vs penetrate. If you guys can nail this down I will be forever grateful. It makes logical sense that drive the basket would be off ball, considering that spot up is supposed to be its opposite and is obviously off ball. I have a hard time believing that drive the basket covers so many areas as been suggested earlier in the thread. I am not a programmer by any means, but could the code on one tendency would be so vastly read by the AI? Also..the default bigs are generally given a 10 in drive the basket, which would make you wonder how that would affect rolling to the basket on PNR.

The thing about 2k that is so frustrating is that just because they define a profile or tendency a certain way, doesn't necessarily mean it plays out in real games. Not to derail the thread, but coach profiles need to be defined as a scale. Every profile should have a risk reward component, but that is still unclear to me. If you raise crash the boards great, but does that mean less guys get back on D? Not so sure. Sorry I got off on a rant here! Lol... Enjoying the discussion btw...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD