View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #40
Gagnon39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Unrealistic stats continuing

Here's the question I have. Since the stats are not off in the first few years it must have something to do with the players that are being generated through the draft. By 2032 there are not very many actual MLB players left and they're all generated players.

So which attributes are inflated? Contact? Power? Both? Or are pitchers just not as good as they should be.

If I get to 2030+ in my franchise I would be willing to take the time to edit players before the start of the season to lower their attributes that are producing these crazy numbers. Maybe some kind of ceiling could be determined for hitters or batters.

Either way, whether we ever get this far or not, its frustrating. What's worse is that SCEA has always been a company that builds upon success. They created a solid gameplay engine and have stuck with it for many years, never re-inventing it. And look how good the gameplay is now.

However, with franchise, progression, etc. it seems that every year or so they feel like they have to completely re-work their logic and somewhere it is always flawed. Hopefully this can be patched to where we do not have to start another franchise.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39