Home

Unrealistic stats continuing

This is a discussion on Unrealistic stats continuing within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #33
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Unrealistic stats continuing

I can see this being a big problem in RTTS and feel sorry for guys who enjoy that mode but for Franchise I've never seen the appeal in playing a franchise that far into the future. I prefer playing all 162 games and taking my time playing one game a night, checking the league etc. I do think it should be looked at and everyones style of playing the game should be accepted but its not a game breaking thing for franchise imo
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yea, once you do a RTTS you'll see crazy numbers. It's been like that for years if you been playing The Show RTTS. It doesn't bother me, you can't expect perfect stats beyond 2016 and over. I just saw the same pitcher pitch back to back game in my RTTS. Crazy stuff, but I don't let it bother me...I'm having fun this year with RTTS with the new physics not so much the new presentation though..lol but still fun!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #35
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I can see this being a big problem in RTTS and feel sorry for guys who enjoy that mode but for Franchise I've never seen the appeal in playing a franchise that far into the future. I prefer playing all 162 games and taking my time playing one game a night, checking the league etc. I do think it should be looked at and everyones style of playing the game should be accepted but its not a game breaking thing for franchise imo

I agree. This game is fine for just a single 162 game season.

Never trust the Show beyond a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #36
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Offense was even more dominating before the first patch dropped, which fixed some training issue I believe.

I'm curious as to what makes the difference between the franchise and RTTS though... I basically I ran the franchise test for 20 years to get to the point where pretty all stock players are replaced by generated players and well mixed within The Show universe to see where the game stabilizes.

If the player progression engine is the same for the franchise and RTTS, we should be seeing the same kind of stats for the most part... which we don't seem to.

Here, the comparison is also between OSFM and SCEA rosters, but a couple people reported that offense a few years down with OSFM is down actually (though presumably that's with franchise, not RTTS).

It's not really a new issue.... a few years down offense has always dominated. But this kinda testing sort of exposes the current limitation of the player progression as well as talent evaluation engine in the game. Hope this part keeps improving.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #37
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll always find out the discrepancies deep into RTTS, I'm a right whore, I'll routinely drop 3-4 full careers per Show iteration. I think the problem between Franchise and RTTS might be the fact there's an actual player in the midst making team decisions and doing training for franchise and in RTTS it's pure CPU work.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #38
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Around here, you'll have to produce screenshots and proof. Otherwise, some of the people that are here will say it's bs because they haven't actually seen it. How they roll here.
I can agree with that, I got ripped to shreads on a comment I made in one of the threads about something like this. There were three or four guys trying to play board police or something, demanding screen shots and proof, and calling me a liar.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #39
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I can agree with that, I got ripped to shreads on a comment I made in one of the threads about something like this. There were three or four guys trying to play board police or something, demanding screen shots and proof, and calling me a liar.
Lol some folks get a little worked up over nothing!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #40
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Here's the question I have. Since the stats are not off in the first few years it must have something to do with the players that are being generated through the draft. By 2032 there are not very many actual MLB players left and they're all generated players.

So which attributes are inflated? Contact? Power? Both? Or are pitchers just not as good as they should be.

If I get to 2030+ in my franchise I would be willing to take the time to edit players before the start of the season to lower their attributes that are producing these crazy numbers. Maybe some kind of ceiling could be determined for hitters or batters.

Either way, whether we ever get this far or not, its frustrating. What's worse is that SCEA has always been a company that builds upon success. They created a solid gameplay engine and have stuck with it for many years, never re-inventing it. And look how good the gameplay is now.

However, with franchise, progression, etc. it seems that every year or so they feel like they have to completely re-work their logic and somewhere it is always flawed. Hopefully this can be patched to where we do not have to start another franchise.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »