View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #298
STLRams
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
The low inside/close is gonna be the norm given the games tendency to be beastly inside.

Mine vary from team to team but for the most part it resembles 0/0/50/50

I like keeping inside higher than close because it makes guards get all the way to the rim instead of shooting a floater over the defense.

For instance the heat profile I have (so far) is:

32 inside /higher than close to encourage guards to get to the rim
17 close
70 mid /less points in the paint
68 3pt /I need more 3s

It's basically the same mindset but what is really going to vary from team to team is tempo, fastbreak and run plays.

It's important to note going forward, that while I say this is the coach profile that gives me the most accurate gameplay stats it will most certainly not be universal.

Following this thread you can see how much this strays into the territory of roster editing, if your roster plays dumb then no coach will fix that.
Ok, I agree that the inside should be higher than the close shot tendency for the team coach profiles, since statistically teams take more attempts with inside shots than close shots and also it help with players finishing drives to the Rim. But that what I was wondering for about for Inside,Close mid, 3point, what formula or info did you use for the Heat to get those numbers. Im sure the 0/0/50/50 probably will work, but I want to have each teams coach profiles settings different from each other, just looks and feels better to me. Also temp fastbreak and run plays, I'm sure these 3 things will be huge in the coach profiles to make teams play different from each other, do you have a general idea on what values you want to give to the teams.