View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #396
qpc123
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
In the name of regaining some order on this forum, I propose we enact Slimm's idea and each pick a subject to test. We can PM each other questions and ideas and reserve the actual thread for interesting findings or definitive results.

I've let things spiral a little because I have a vested interest in most of the findings on here but in the name of order. I will stick to offensive Tempo in regards to the Heat coaching profile and what it means to the fastbreak slider. I am still very much interested in the people testing ball handling so please throw your name in the hat and let's start these PM groups.
I concur...

We may want to group certain "testers" together, for example have a "Coach Profiles" group and within that group have one person testing Tempo, one Fast Break, etc. Everyone in the group would work off the same "base" settings to avoid confusion. Just a suggestion.

Or perhaps multiple threads?

Anyway, what I am currently "testing" is the effect of the Setup Dribble, Dribble Penetration, Finishing Move, and Shot Type tendencies.

I have set all the 91 Bulls players to;
Setup Dribble
Straight Dribble=100
Sizeup=0
Hesitation=0

Dribble Penetration
Everything is set to 0 except,
Simple Drive=100

Finishing Move and Shot Type
Everything at 0

Prior to changing these settings even when players like Pippen and Jordan would have there man beat they would lose that advantage by either using an unnecessary or would just pull up even with an open lane(granted this happens sometimes but not as often as I was seeing it).

With my settings above if a ball handler has his man beat, will attack unless stopped by help, then either pull up or pass based off tendencies. If an On Ball Defender beats the player to a spot they will counter and attack or back out and look for another option(no pick up dribble due to a bump). If they attack, most of the time it will be with one move and if that move "wins" they will attack. I aslo believe my Dribble Setup being at 100,0,0 eliminate the "useless" dribbles by the CPU.

You will still see player using the crossovers and behind the back dribbles even though their tendency to do so is at zero. It is hardcoded into the game 100% even before the shot clock gets low.

I have a video from my latest test that will illustrate some of this better.

Here is breakdown of each "highlight":

Paxson easily gets by Divac/Green for layup

Mismatch Divac vs Paxson in post

Jordan drives left, Scott cuts him off(“Wins”) MJ crosses over to his right and beats Scott(already committed left) to the rim.

Jordan scores after basket cut

Magic vs Paxson in Post, No double Team

Magic vs Paxson in in post, Perdue attempts to double

Armstrong pull up jumper on break with D back

Hodges catch and shoot

Pippen drives late in shot clock

Armstrong has Magic beat, but Worthy is there to help and cut B.J. off, pull up jumper.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.