Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #393
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Offensive awareness does a plethora of things, but mostly it makes a defender more aware of where the ball is. This is why you see more blocked shot from people with high offensive awareness. But I through that out there without really having a solution.

What is your quickness slider at?
WAIT WHAT? Explain this please.

My quickness slider is at 44.

I just saw another win for the offense, kinda. Richard Hamilton drove to the basket, was beaten to his intial spot by Teague, he then crossed back over into the lane and was able to throw out his forearm to protect the ball against Teague as he drove to the basket to take a layup (which was contested by Teague). He missed.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #394
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

In the name of regaining some order on this thread, I propose we enact Slimm's idea and each pick a subject to test. We can PM each other questions and ideas and reserve the actual thread for interesting findings or definitive results.

I've let things spiral a little because I have a vested interest in most of the findings on here but in the name of order. I will stick to offensive Tempo in regards to the Heat coaching profile and what it means to the fastbreak slider. I am still very much interested in the people testing ball handling so please throw your name in the hat and let's start these PM groups.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-14-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #395
MVP

OVR: 10

I am willing to test Post Offense in relation to Post Defense. I want to accomplish the following;

-Minimum point differential to establish Post mismatches.
-Minimum point differential to attract double team
-The best perimeter post players should not attract a double team when posting big
-The best perimeter defender should want to challenge the best perimeter post player one-on-one without any help.
-An average big should be able to cause a mismatch again any perimeter player.
-Poor low post bigs should not want to post up other bigs
-Everyone would want to post the historically small players, like spud, muggsy, boykins, etc.

if anyone wants to help with this, PM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #396
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
In the name of regaining some order on this forum, I propose we enact Slimm's idea and each pick a subject to test. We can PM each other questions and ideas and reserve the actual thread for interesting findings or definitive results.

I've let things spiral a little because I have a vested interest in most of the findings on here but in the name of order. I will stick to offensive Tempo in regards to the Heat coaching profile and what it means to the fastbreak slider. I am still very much interested in the people testing ball handling so please throw your name in the hat and let's start these PM groups.
I concur...

We may want to group certain "testers" together, for example have a "Coach Profiles" group and within that group have one person testing Tempo, one Fast Break, etc. Everyone in the group would work off the same "base" settings to avoid confusion. Just a suggestion.

Or perhaps multiple threads?

Anyway, what I am currently "testing" is the effect of the Setup Dribble, Dribble Penetration, Finishing Move, and Shot Type tendencies.

I have set all the 91 Bulls players to;
Setup Dribble
Straight Dribble=100
Sizeup=0
Hesitation=0

Dribble Penetration
Everything is set to 0 except,
Simple Drive=100

Finishing Move and Shot Type
Everything at 0

Prior to changing these settings even when players like Pippen and Jordan would have there man beat they would lose that advantage by either using an unnecessary or would just pull up even with an open lane(granted this happens sometimes but not as often as I was seeing it).

With my settings above if a ball handler has his man beat, will attack unless stopped by help, then either pull up or pass based off tendencies. If an On Ball Defender beats the player to a spot they will counter and attack or back out and look for another option(no pick up dribble due to a bump). If they attack, most of the time it will be with one move and if that move "wins" they will attack. I aslo believe my Dribble Setup being at 100,0,0 eliminate the "useless" dribbles by the CPU.

You will still see player using the crossovers and behind the back dribbles even though their tendency to do so is at zero. It is hardcoded into the game 100% even before the shot clock gets low.

I have a video from my latest test that will illustrate some of this better.

Here is breakdown of each "highlight":

Paxson easily gets by Divac/Green for layup

Mismatch Divac vs Paxson in post

Jordan drives left, Scott cuts him off(“Wins”) MJ crosses over to his right and beats Scott(already committed left) to the rim.

Jordan scores after basket cut

Magic vs Paxson in Post, No double Team

Magic vs Paxson in in post, Perdue attempts to double

Armstrong pull up jumper on break with D back

Hodges catch and shoot

Pippen drives late in shot clock

Armstrong has Magic beat, but Worthy is there to help and cut B.J. off, pull up jumper.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #397
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Alright. I've got a new theory going at the moment. I saw better win animations for the offense at 55 on ball defense. I don't know why and they do give too much space. However a long jumpshot is a low percentage shot and teams like to protect the paint primarily anyway, so having the the PG Shooting Guard and Small Forward drop down 2-3 feet to more effectively guard the passing lanes might be better representative of a team defensive concept anyway.

I think I can also get the good defensive teams to rotate effectively (as well as playing screens well) as well when the ball is swung to the other side of the court with 80-85 in def awareness for the good defensive teams (especially for certain benches in the league).

I have yet to test exactly what off awareness does...

@qpc

I'm going to try and implement those tendencies into my customized HyperBaller roster for a game and see if I can get similiar results as well.

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #398
Pro

Quote:
For that particular test I strongly suggest using coach mode with play vision on to see if the offense is calling a "quick post" for Shaq, that is how you know a mismatch is occuring.
Does it actually say "quick post" in coach mode, meaning no playbook post up but a separate quick play? Never seen this even once on PC...could this indicate differences between PC and console playcalling mechanics?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Does it actually say "quick post" in coach mode, meaning no playbook post up but a separate quick play? Never seen this even once on PC...could this indicate differences between PC and console playcalling mechanics?

It does not say "quick post" from my testing. It is essentially a clear out where Shaq would go down to the block and receive an entry pass.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #400
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Ill start on updating the front page for these poor new comers, I'm working off an iPhone so it won't be as detailed/pretty as I want until I get to my laptop.

I'm taking suggestion for what should be included on the front page.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »