Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #401
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Does it actually say "quick post" in coach mode, meaning no playbook post up but a separate quick play? Never seen this even once on PC...could this indicate differences between PC and console playcalling mechanics?
I may have lied about that,

It doesn't give you an indicator? Not even a "run best play"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Ill start on updating the front page for these poor new comers, I'm working off an iPhone so it won't be as detailed/pretty as I want until I get to my laptop.

I'm taking suggestion for what should be included on the front page.
Drive the Lane and Attack the Basket Tendency findings

Free Lance Tendency settings, what to use and what not to use as well as Hot Spot setting recommendations.

Ball Handling vs. On-Ball D settings.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #403
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
It does not say "quick post" from my testing. It is essentially a clear out where Shaq would go down to the block and receive an entry pass.
So basically a post up without an actual set play being called? Does this happen in coach mode? Also, do you play the console version?

Playing on PC, what I've noticed is that these quick post up/iso situations occur only outside of coach mode.

If I have coach/playvision on and fastbreak/run plays at 0, the AI runs set plays pretty much all the time except for a rare fastbreak outlet pass.

With coach mode off though, every few possessions a guard will iso on the perimeter and if I quickly switch controllers, it looks like no play has been called...seems to be that kind of quick play bigtreydawg mentioned...It's simply a clearout with no relation to any iso plays out of the playbooks.

So yeah, I know these quick plays from CPU gameplay with coach mode turned off. Now if they occur with coach/playvision activated, this is most likely really a difference between PC and console versions..
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
So basically a post up without an actual set play being called? Does this happen in coach mode? Also, do you play the console version?

Playing on PC, what I've noticed is that these quick post up/iso situations occur only outside of coach mode.

If I have coach/playvision on and fastbreak/run plays at 0, the AI runs set plays pretty much all the time except for a rare fastbreak outlet pass.

With coach mode off though, every few possessions a guard will iso on the perimeter and if I quickly switch controllers, it looks like no play has been called...seems to be that kind of quick play bigtreydawg mentioned...It's simply a clearout with no relation to any iso plays out of the playbooks.

So yeah, I know these quick plays from CPU gameplay with coach mode turned off. Now if they occur with coach/playvision activated, this is most likely really a difference between PC and console versions..
That sounds like a freelance post up, not an ISO.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #405
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

I'm starting a PM group for post offense/defense now. I'm gonna include SLIMM in every group (sorry bro, your stuck) and as of right now I have Hype, Duke and Qpc on the list. Would anyone else like to make a contribution to just the aspect of the post game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I'm starting a PM group for post offense/defense now. I'm gonna include SLIMM in every group (sorry bro, your stuck) and as of right now I have Hype, Duke and Qpc on the list. Would anyone else like to make a contribution to just the aspect of the post game?
I would !
Old 04-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #407
MVP

OVR: 19

@ bigtrey, I sent you a PM with these findings regarding the Pull Up Tendency, but I feel they're pretty conclusive (aside from a few variables). At least conclusive enough to post.

Quote:
I think I have the Pull Up Tendency figured out. First, the data:

I watched CPU matches of Phil/Phil. Starting lineups were Holiday, Richardson, Turner, Young, Hawes.

The tendencies were as follows for every test:

Holiday 41 ins, 35 close, 50 mid, 32 3PT
Richardson 28 ins, 22 close, 28 mid, 71 3pt
Turner 34 ins, 40 close, 47 mid, 16 3pt
Young 70 ins, 40 close, 33 mid, 1 3pt
Hawes 45 ins, 42 close, 45 mid, 14 3pt

Sliders were all 50 (unless specified) on pro mode.

Coaching Profile Shot Location Sliders were:
Inside 0
Close 0
Mid 50
3PT 50

First test: ATB 0, PU 0, PO 0
Out of 20 possessions, there was 1 pull up jumper in mid-range before the last 5 seconds of the shot clock

Second test: ATB 0, PU 100, PO 0
Out of 20 possessions, there were 2 pull up jumpers in mid-range before the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

Third test: ATB 100, PU 100, PO 100

Out of 20 possessions, there were 5 pull up jumpers in mid-range before the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

Fourth test: ATB 100, PU 100, PO 0, OBD slider 0

Out of 20 possessions, there were 10 pull up jumpers in mid-range and one from 3PT land before the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

Fifth test: ATB 100, PU 100, PO 0 OBD slider 50

Out of 20 possessions, there were 13 pull up jumpers in mid-range before the last 5 seconds of the shot clock.

Conclusions:

1. Pull Up only works when the player has an attack the basket tendency above 0. I don't know if there are any "levels" but I know that, at 0, there were no pull up jumpers until the end of the shot clock. With ATB at 100 and PU at 100, there are pull ups galore. This combination allows the AI to VASTLY override the mid-range tendency given to a player.

2. Pull Up also works better when the Pass Out Tendency is low. I only tested 0's and 100's, but with PO at 100 there were a select few PU's but with PO at 0, there were SEVERAL.

3. Having a high ATB tendency, a high PU tendency, and a low PO tendency is the best combination to get players to pull up off the drive.

4. I saw no PU's by PF or C. Only the PG, SG, and SF attempted a PU. For that matter, I saw no drives AT ALL by the PF or C, and that's with the ATB tendency at 100 for all players.

5. The on-ball defense slider does not effect how often a player pulls up. With the slider at 0 and the slider at 50 I got the same results.

6. All but one PU jumper I saw was in mid-range. The other was a 3. This animation is triggered primarily in Mid-Range.

7. The two players who took the most PU's were Turner and Richardson, both of whom have very low mid-range tendencies.

8. This testing was done with no ISO plays and the ISO FL tendency at 0. I don't know if the results would apply to those situations.

9. There were very few PU jumpers in FB action, regardless of tendencies or sliders. Most of all (if not all) came in FL or during set plays.

10. Some drives were initiated with no pick and some were with a pick. PU jumpers, with high ATB/PU and low PO Tendencies occurred during each situation.

Conclusion: On PRO mode, having a high ATB Tendency (to initiate the drive sequence), a low PO Tendency (a lot of PO's happen at the begging of the drive, this may change if OBD slider is lower or once we find threshold for ball handling/OBD rating), and a high PU Tendency (which is primarily triggered in the Mid-Range, between the FT line and 3pt line) will lead to mid-range pull up jumpers by the 1-3 positions.

This animation was not triggered one time in 100 possessions by the PF or C. It solely occurred when the PG/SG/SF had the ball.

There were 34 total PU jumpers in 100 possessions and only 1 of them were 3's.

I don't know if the "fancy shot" animations effect this or not. This was STRICTLY testing for PU animations, not fadeaways/floaters/stepbacks, etc
My next test is going to be Triple Threat/Triple Threat Shot. I probably won't be able to post any findings until tomorrow, at best.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 04-14-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #408
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Conclusion: On PRO mode, having a high DTL Tendency (to initiate the drive sequence), a low PO Tendency (a lot of PO's happen at the begging of the drive, this may change if OBD slider is lower or once we find threshold for ball handling/OBD rating), and a high PU Tendency (which is primarily triggered in the Mid-Range, between the FT line and 3pt line).
Just trying to make sure I got all that.

I thought it had been determined that DTL is an off ball tendency? Did I miss something?

Also the paragraph I quoted just kinda stops.....

Having a high DTL, low Pass Out tendency, and a high Pull up tendency will......?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »