Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #589
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
True. But what I meant was there is such thing as an actual simple drive where the player drives to the basket with no special moves. Since RED MC was released it will be much easier to test things given the global editing options. My gut feeling is that the post back down is a tendency within the post position just as post spin, post drive, etc. Question is what led the player to go from a straight up drive position to a post position? It looks like each tendency has a scenario where it's in the cards for the CPU to choose it. When dribbling in place he can size up or straight dribble. When driving he can pull up or penetrate. When penetrating he can do moves or not (not counting hard coded contextual moves of course). When posting he can spin, back down, face up etc. This is why you don't see triple threat at the end of a drive or a post back down. I am not sure that these tendencies cross over as much as suggested.
That makes sense and I would agree with you if i hadn't seen so much of it from guards with very little freelance post tendencies. There has to be something or multiple little somethings that encourage that to happen. When Hype drops back in I hope he can offer some insight since he's been messing around in the post game quite a bit. Maybe it's attribute related.