View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #606
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Update on my progress:

You can't make them post up everytime, I think A big factor is height and weight, I'm basing that on seeing Kobe, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Wade,usually being bigger then their opponent and they're the guards that do it the most.

You can help hint a player to the Post. I found that once I lowered Bosh's simple drive into the 40s (everything else was zero) he would occasionally back down his Chris Bosh counterpart. Which is the result I expected. If I were to take his simple drive to 0 I don't think he's gonna start doing hesitation double cross overs to get to the rim.

The attack tendency has a "timed out" feature much like the fastbreak slider. I have Chris Bosh at 30 and if he is not successful in penetrating on his first or second attempt then he backs way out to the perimeter and passes away.

After seeing that and re reading QPC123 post about percentages of dribble moves I'm beginning to think a portion of this game is time based where if a move doesn't happen within that window then it's on to the next option.

Tempo - won't let the Cpu shoot until a certain spot in the shot clock
Pass out - the lower it is the longer the ball is held. Even if there is no reason to hold the ball.

That last observation is more of a meta commentary on the game than actual information.

What I'm gonna do next is systematically take things away from Joe Johnson to see if I can isolate the few tendencies that make him post up his defender. This is easily the most subjective test I've done but I think a good starting point will be drive the lane, since I definetly want to rule that out of the equation.

I'll try again on Monday.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-21-2013 at 09:52 AM.