Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #622
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Triple Threat Test - Jersey color changes by test so you will know when the tendencies have changed. I showed his tendencies before the first clip, so I will only list what I change if it is not listed then it is the same as the video shows.

Test #1

Pump Fake = 25
Triple Threat=75
Triple Threat Shot=100
No Triple Threat=100

Test #2

Pump Fake = 25
Triple Threat=75
Triple Threat Shot=100
No Triple Threat=0

Test #3

Pump Fake = 25
Triple Threat=0
Triple Threat Shot=100
No Triple Threat=100

Test #4

Pump Fake = 0
Triple Threat=0
Triple Threat Shot=100
No Triple Threat=0

I think you are mistaking what things mean in real life as opposed to what they in 2k13.

After this testing here is how I view these tendencies:

They control what a player does when he catches ball and is not posted up, and/or what he does if he is not dribbling.

Pump Fake = Fake a shot, pretty straight forward.(is a pass fake tied to this also?)

Triple Threat = Jab Step, if you click the right stick on a player and go to his tendencies you will not see a "triple threat" tendency, you will see a "Jab Step" tendency.

Triple Threat Shot = This effects the frequency of the player to shoot the ball before he dribbles, but also the frequency of how often he shoots after a pump fake or jab step.

No Triple Threat = This could also be called the "catch and dribble" tendency. In other words the higher you set this the more frequently a player will catch the ball and immediately start to dribble it rather than performing a fake or shooting.

So, here is what I believe CPU Hodges "thought" process is when he catches a pass.

It's another of those "if/then" situations. "I" represents Hodges thinking not mine for this example:
Step 1:
I caught the ball, what do I do now?
Step 2:
Do I pass?(Pass Out Tendency)
If then yes, then pass.
If no, then what?
Do I dribble?
If Yes, then dribble tendencies dictate what happens next.
If No, what do I do?
Step 3:
Do I pump fake?(or pass fake)
If yes, then pump fake and return to Step 2.
If No, then what do I do?
Step 4:
Do I Jab Step?
If yes, then jab step and return to Step 2.
If no, what do I do?
Step 5:
Do I shoot?
If yes, then shoot.
If no, then return to step 2.

This playing out very quickly and the higher number each tendency has the more likely it is to occur. That is why a player with TT at 100 with jab step multiple times if his other tendencies are low. His thought process is:
Pass-No
Dribble - No
Pump Fake - No
Jab Step - Yes
Pass-No
Dribble - No
Pump - No
Jab Step - Yes
Pass - No
Dribble - No
Pump Fake - No
Jab Step - Yes........until one of the other animations triggers.
Pass - Yes

So for the Jordan shot in my video you mentioned his thought process was:
Pass - No
Dribble - No
Fake - No
Jab Step - Yes
Pass - No
Dribble - No
Fake - No
Jab Step - Yes
Pass - No
Dribble - No
Fake - No
Jab Step - No
Shoot - Yes

It is the correct blend of all 4 of the tendencies(plus others) that allows MJ to shoot once he creates enough space with the 2nd Jab Step.

Again these "thought processes" are happen constantly and rapidly which is why higher numbers can sometimes result in overkill of a tendency.
Well put,

I sent a PM to SLIMM but QPC123, I may have something that will improve gameplay and allow us to raise help D provided it test out the way I expect.