View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #648
qpc123
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Ok after some more testing here are more thoughts on Triple Threat Shot

I would not call this the 'catch and shoot' tendency, that is largely dictated by shot location tendencies.

I also think that with zero pump fake, 100 triple threat, 100 high triple threat shot, and 100 high no triple threat, you can increase the odds of a player taking a shot after a catch before a dribble. This is based off observation and maybe a placebo but the amount of testing needed to get a large enough sample size is more than I am willing to tackle. Especially, since you have to consider late shot clock situations where any player who passed too will shoot immediately.

Basically, having NO TT at 100 and TT at 100 with no fake, results in cancelation effect that often results in a shot decision by the computer.

Here is the problem, it is nearly impossible to tell which is which because they are essentially the same animation.

Whenever a player catches the ball without his feet square to the basket on the perimeter he will square up and by doing so enters the "triple threat" position.

The only time you can really tell it was merely a catch a shoot is when the crazy spin shots happy or you zero out all the TT options.