Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #826
JasonWilliams55
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I want to get this on paper before I forget to test it.

contest shot is a slider for intense D, the blocking slider drastically effects how wildly someone will swing at a jump shot,

I would like for a player to play body up defense but not look like an idiot when he jumps to challenge a jumpshot. Is there a middle ground?

The sliders in question are.

On ball defense.

Contest shot.

Defensive awareness????

A combination of these three should lead to a realistic defense without over playing the shot.
I would posit that "contest shot" is only for whether the defensive player challenges the shot or not.

If you want more 'contact' on shots without the defender leaving his feet (looking stupid) I would say that On Ball D rating is most important.

Inside and Contact shot frequency might help as well.

Blocking slider is for accuracy of blocks. Wildly swinging would fall under contest shot tendency, the accuracy of that contest would fall to blocking rating (slider), its possible hands (rating) is in the mix as well.

So; OBD + blocking + hands (?) + DAWR + contest shot tend = Defense for shots

So; OBD + stealing + hands (?) + DAWR + on-ball steal + steal success = Defense for shots

I would also like to say that I believe off hand dribbling rating is the rating for all off hand things that happen in game, ie (stealing with off hand, blocking, dribbling, layups, passing) coupled with the rating of w/e it is, ex: stealing + ohd = off hand steal rating

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 05-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.