NightHawkTH
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
BATS WIN ON WALK OFF IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH

Classic Louisville and Columbus showdown puts the Clippers one game away from elimination

The Bats secured a big win in game 3, taking a 2-1 lead against the Columbus Clippers in the ILCS.
Louisville notched a 4-3 victory at home in front of a sold out home crowd. Going 3-5 and driving in the game winning run with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth was second baseman Emmanuel Burriss. After Bats starter Greg Reynolds departed in the 5th after allowing 11 hits, Manny Parra worked long relief and was able to snatch his 1st win in the postseason, allowing no runs and 1 hit in a beautiful 3.2 innings.

Attachment 59123
Winning pitcher, Manny Parra, was the key to winning tonight's battle.

Louisville starting pitcher Greg Reynolds was in trouble all night. He certaintly didn't have his best stuff, and the pitching coach and I decided we had seen enough in the 6th, after the first two batters reached on hits number 10 and 11 given up by him in the game. He departed and the bullpen allowed no hits, but two sac-flies and at the end of the 6th inning, it was 3-1 Columbus.

In the 7th, with one out, player of the game, Jason Donald, doubled. Catcher Ryan Hanigan singled and the Bats were in business. Columbus went to the bullpen at this point. The first batter that the bullpen faced of the night was Willie Harris, who promptly popped a sac fly to the outfield bringing the game to 3-2. With two outs, singles by Billy Hamilton and Emmanuel Burriss had the bases loaded for Louisville. Star first baseman Neftali Soto stepped in and worked a 2-2 count before a...WILD PITCH in the dirt! Tying runner crossed the plate for the Bats and the next pitch Neftali struck out leaving us tied at 3 after 7.

We move ahead to the bottom of the ninth, where the magic happened in a hurry. SS, Jason Donald placed a perfectly struck single in to the outfield in no-man's land. It took me no time at all to decide to play small ball, as Ryan Hanigan was asked to put down the sac bunt. He placed one PERFECTLY between first base and the pitcher and reached safely at 1st. 2 men on, no one out. After a Willie Harris sac bunt, both runners were in scoring position with one out. Young speedster Billy Hamilton began walking to the batter's box to bat when I called him back for a pinch hitter. He wasn't happy, after getting two hits earlier in the ballgame, but I told him I needed a deep fly ball and I knew that wasn't his strength. I called upon outfielder Felix Perez, who, with an open base at first, was pitched around to load the bases. With the bases juiced and one out in the bottom of the ninth and playoffs on the line, this is what happened next:
Attachment 59125

"It's a ground ball..will it be two to end the inning??!!! NO! It's through the middle! Bats win! Bats win!"

Papa John's Pizza Play Of The Game
Attachment 59126
Attachment 59127
Billy-Freakin'-Hamilton makes a wonderful catch to kick off the 8th inning.
Columbus Clippers manager Chris Tremie came out to argue this one, but no such luck for him as it was clearly a catch.

Player of the Game
SS, Jason Donald * 2-3 with a double and a run.
-I completely disagree with THE SHOW on this one. Although he was clutch, especially in getting the rally going in the 9th and scoring the winning run, I feel Manny Parra or Emmanuel Burriss should have won Player of the Game honors. Jason did earn it though.

Other notables
2B, Emmanuel Burris was huge, going 3-5 and driving in the winning run in the 9th.
Pitcher, Manny Parra single handedly pitched our way to victory. 1 hit allowed in 3.2 scoreless innings.

Final Game Notes
- 40-man roster studs Ryan Ludwick and Chris Heisey have been struggling since joining the team. In game three, they combined for 6 K's.
- Greg Reynolds, who started for the Bats, gave up 11 hits and 3 runs in only 5 innings.
- Time of the Ballgame: 3 hours and 9 minutes.

What it means to the team
Bats lead ILCS 2 games to 1.
Home crowd gets to pack the house again in game 4.
Louisville can eliminate their bigger brother, Columbus in game 4.
-The Bats are believed to be calling on Sean Gallagher to pitch in game 4, despite him only being about 90% ready to return. That could change on game day.
Congrats man! Keep it going! 1 more win!
Advertisements - Register to remove