Home

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

This is a discussion on Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #81
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Thanks for the comments, boys.
He was dominating. Complete control of the game.
I wouldn't mind getting another start out of him before he gets called up in real life.

I'm already using a four man rotation as of now, and have plenty of depth because a few guys that made starts for me during the year are in the bullpen right now. Pitching should be set and honestly the lineup is too, but that all can change as the real life Reds get healthy again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #82
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Pregame Notes

Columbus Clippers
AT
Louisville Bats

UP NEXT

Starting Pitchers
Columbus: David Huff ; Louisville: Greg Reynolds
Huff.jpg VS Greg Reynolds.jpg

Series Info
Series tied at 1-1.
Series shifts to Louisville tonight.
Free whistles to the first 2,000 fans in Bats gear.
Free playoff towels for every one in attendance.
Pre-game concert by up and coming rock act, Falling in Reverse.

FIR.jpg
Old 05-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #83
MVP

kc2135's Arena

i think you said it before, but it is great seeing all these Reds dynasties going. It's awesome to see it from a few different prespespectives. keep it going man, and I hope you go beyond this season, I will be.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #84
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

BATS WIN ON WALK OFF IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH

Classic Louisville and Columbus showdown puts the Clippers one game away from elimination

The Bats secured a big win in game 3, taking a 2-1 lead against the Columbus Clippers in the ILCS.
Louisville notched a 4-3 victory at home in front of a sold out home crowd. Going 3-5 and driving in the game winning run with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth was second baseman Emmanuel Burriss. After Bats starter Greg Reynolds departed in the 5th after allowing 11 hits, Manny Parra worked long relief and was able to snatch his 1st win in the postseason, allowing no runs and 1 hit in a beautiful 3.2 innings.

2013-05-02_01.35.06.jpg
Winning pitcher, Manny Parra, was the key to winning tonight's battle.

Louisville starting pitcher Greg Reynolds was in trouble all night. He certaintly didn't have his best stuff, and the pitching coach and I decided we had seen enough in the 6th, after the first two batters reached on hits number 10 and 11 given up by him in the game. He departed and the bullpen allowed no hits, but two sac-flies and at the end of the 6th inning, it was 3-1 Columbus.

In the 7th, with one out, player of the game, Jason Donald, doubled. Catcher Ryan Hanigan singled and the Bats were in business. Columbus went to the bullpen at this point. The first batter that the bullpen faced of the night was Willie Harris, who promptly popped a sac fly to the outfield bringing the game to 3-2. With two outs, singles by Billy Hamilton and Emmanuel Burriss had the bases loaded for Louisville. Star first baseman Neftali Soto stepped in and worked a 2-2 count before a...WILD PITCH in the dirt! Tying runner crossed the plate for the Bats and the next pitch Neftali struck out leaving us tied at 3 after 7.

We move ahead to the bottom of the ninth, where the magic happened in a hurry. SS, Jason Donald placed a perfectly struck single in to the outfield in no-man's land. It took me no time at all to decide to play small ball, as Ryan Hanigan was asked to put down the sac bunt. He placed one PERFECTLY between first base and the pitcher and reached safely at 1st. 2 men on, no one out. After a Willie Harris sac bunt, both runners were in scoring position with one out. Young speedster Billy Hamilton began walking to the batter's box to bat when I called him back for a pinch hitter. He wasn't happy, after getting two hits earlier in the ballgame, but I told him I needed a deep fly ball and I knew that wasn't his strength. I called upon outfielder Felix Perez, who, with an open base at first, was pitched around to load the bases. With the bases juiced and one out in the bottom of the ninth and playoffs on the line, this is what happened next:
2013-05-02_01.37.01.jpg

"It's a ground ball..will it be two to end the inning??!!! NO! It's through the middle! Bats win! Bats win!"

Papa John's Pizza Play Of The Game
Papa's.jpg
2013-05-02_01.33.05.jpg
Billy-Freakin'-Hamilton makes a wonderful catch to kick off the 8th inning.
Columbus Clippers manager Chris Tremie came out to argue this one, but no such luck for him as it was clearly a catch.

Player of the Game
SS, Jason Donald * 2-3 with a double and a run.
-I completely disagree with THE SHOW on this one. Although he was clutch, especially in getting the rally going in the 9th and scoring the winning run, I feel Manny Parra or Emmanuel Burriss should have won Player of the Game honors. Jason did earn it though.

Other notables
2B, Emmanuel Burris was huge, going 3-5 and driving in the winning run in the 9th.
Pitcher, Manny Parra single handedly pitched our way to victory. 1 hit allowed in 3.2 scoreless innings.

Final Game Notes
- 40-man roster studs Ryan Ludwick and Chris Heisey have been struggling since joining the team. In game three, they combined for 6 K's.
- Greg Reynolds, who started for the Bats, gave up 11 hits and 3 runs in only 5 innings.
- Time of the Ballgame: 3 hours and 9 minutes.

What it means to the team
Bats lead ILCS 2 games to 1.
Home crowd gets to pack the house again in game 4.
Louisville can eliminate their bigger brother, Columbus in game 4.
-The Bats are believed to be calling on Sean Gallagher to pitch in game 4, despite him only being about 90% ready to return. That could change on game day.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #85
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
BATS WIN ON WALK OFF IN THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH

Classic Louisville and Columbus showdown puts the Clippers one game away from elimination

The Bats secured a big win in game 3, taking a 2-1 lead against the Columbus Clippers in the ILCS.
Louisville notched a 4-3 victory at home in front of a sold out home crowd. Going 3-5 and driving in the game winning run with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth was second baseman Emmanuel Burriss. After Bats starter Greg Reynolds departed in the 5th after allowing 11 hits, Manny Parra worked long relief and was able to snatch his 1st win in the postseason, allowing no runs and 1 hit in a beautiful 3.2 innings.

Attachment 59123
Winning pitcher, Manny Parra, was the key to winning tonight's battle.

Louisville starting pitcher Greg Reynolds was in trouble all night. He certaintly didn't have his best stuff, and the pitching coach and I decided we had seen enough in the 6th, after the first two batters reached on hits number 10 and 11 given up by him in the game. He departed and the bullpen allowed no hits, but two sac-flies and at the end of the 6th inning, it was 3-1 Columbus.

In the 7th, with one out, player of the game, Jason Donald, doubled. Catcher Ryan Hanigan singled and the Bats were in business. Columbus went to the bullpen at this point. The first batter that the bullpen faced of the night was Willie Harris, who promptly popped a sac fly to the outfield bringing the game to 3-2. With two outs, singles by Billy Hamilton and Emmanuel Burriss had the bases loaded for Louisville. Star first baseman Neftali Soto stepped in and worked a 2-2 count before a...WILD PITCH in the dirt! Tying runner crossed the plate for the Bats and the next pitch Neftali struck out leaving us tied at 3 after 7.

We move ahead to the bottom of the ninth, where the magic happened in a hurry. SS, Jason Donald placed a perfectly struck single in to the outfield in no-man's land. It took me no time at all to decide to play small ball, as Ryan Hanigan was asked to put down the sac bunt. He placed one PERFECTLY between first base and the pitcher and reached safely at 1st. 2 men on, no one out. After a Willie Harris sac bunt, both runners were in scoring position with one out. Young speedster Billy Hamilton began walking to the batter's box to bat when I called him back for a pinch hitter. He wasn't happy, after getting two hits earlier in the ballgame, but I told him I needed a deep fly ball and I knew that wasn't his strength. I called upon outfielder Felix Perez, who, with an open base at first, was pitched around to load the bases. With the bases juiced and one out in the bottom of the ninth and playoffs on the line, this is what happened next:
Attachment 59125

"It's a ground ball..will it be two to end the inning??!!! NO! It's through the middle! Bats win! Bats win!"

Papa John's Pizza Play Of The Game
Attachment 59126
Attachment 59127
Billy-Freakin'-Hamilton makes a wonderful catch to kick off the 8th inning.
Columbus Clippers manager Chris Tremie came out to argue this one, but no such luck for him as it was clearly a catch.

Player of the Game
SS, Jason Donald * 2-3 with a double and a run.
-I completely disagree with THE SHOW on this one. Although he was clutch, especially in getting the rally going in the 9th and scoring the winning run, I feel Manny Parra or Emmanuel Burriss should have won Player of the Game honors. Jason did earn it though.

Other notables
2B, Emmanuel Burris was huge, going 3-5 and driving in the winning run in the 9th.
Pitcher, Manny Parra single handedly pitched our way to victory. 1 hit allowed in 3.2 scoreless innings.

Final Game Notes
- 40-man roster studs Ryan Ludwick and Chris Heisey have been struggling since joining the team. In game three, they combined for 6 K's.
- Greg Reynolds, who started for the Bats, gave up 11 hits and 3 runs in only 5 innings.
- Time of the Ballgame: 3 hours and 9 minutes.

Bats lead ILCS 2 games to 1.
Home crowd gets to pack the house again in game 4.
Louisville can eliminate their bigger brother, Columbus in game 4.
-The Bats are believed to be calling on Sean Gallagher to pitch in game 4, despite him only being about 90% ready to return. That could change on game day.
Congrats man! Keep it going! 1 more win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #86
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Pregame Notes

Columbus Clippers
AT
Louisville Bats

Tonight, the images.jpg have a chance to send home their arch-rivals, the Columbus Clippers. Louisville leads the series 2-1 and the series remains at home for the Bats for the 2nd straight game. After an off night last night, the players should be fresh for the upcoming game 4 match up.

UP NEXT

Starting Pitchers
Columbus: Toru Murata ; Louisville: Sean Gallagher
TM.jpg Sean #2.jpg

Series Info
Louisville leads series 2-1.
Home crowd in Louisville is ready to rock n' roll.
*A win tonight for the Bats will bring the Governor's Cup to Louisville again for the first time since 2001.

images (3).jpg
Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #87
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

16 INNINGS LATER, COLUMBUS FORCES DECISIVE GAME 5

It took 16 innings, but we eventually found a winner.

(As followers have found out, we have a motto around here. No pictures from a loss.)

Bats can't come away with the International League crown, losing to the Columbus Clippers 7-5 in 16 innings at home. Now both teams face the brink of elimination from the ILCS, as the series is tied at 2 game a piece.

Nick Masset, who worked 3 innings in extras, gave up a 2 run bomb with two outs in the top of the 16th. He was saddled with the loss. Emmanuel Burris drilled a 355ft blast in the top of the 3rd inning and Ryan Hanigan had a clutch hit in the bottom of the 8th to send it to extra innings.

When asked about his team's performance, skipper Massey said "It's heart breaking to lose a tight ballgame like that, but hats off to Columbus. We had two different two run leads and they found ways to come back at us, mostly through the home run ball." The Clippers had 3 two run home runs, including the game winner in the 16th.

Notable performers
+ The Bats had excellent pitching from Kanekoa Texeria, Manny Parra, and Nick Masset even though Masset eventually gave up the game winning home run.
+ Billy Hamilton added 3 hits to his playoff resume.
+ Emmanuel Burriss hit his first postseason home run in the third inning.

Final Game Notes
-Louisville had the lead 2 different times; emotional roller coaster of a game.
-Clay Hensley came in to the game an allowed 3 runs in relief of Gallagher, two of which were Gallagher's runners. Biggest mistake of the game on my part. Major regrets bringing him in to the ballgame.
-Time of the Ballgame: 3 hours and 33 minutes.

- Very simple. The next game between Columbus and Louisville decides the winner of the International League Championship Series.
- Louisville is going with Johnny Cueto in game 5 who will make his 2nd and final rehab start in the IL Championship game. Remember, Johnny pitched 7 innings of one-hit baseball last time out.
- Boy, oh boy..it all comes down to this next game. Every bit of energy I've put in to this whole franchise rides on the next game. Over a years worth of work goes on display against a team that has been so evenly matched with my squad this year that it is scary. Look out for one heck of a ballgame.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #88
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Pregame Notes

Clips.jpg AT images.jpg

Tonight, we will get exactly what this International League Championship Series, this postseason and this baseball season deserves: the first sudden death AAA divisional championship Game 5 in years. With this game, this postseason ties the minor league record for most double-elimination games (four, set in 1981 and tied in 2001 and 2003) and most total postseason games (38, tying the record set in 2003), making it arguably the greatest postseason in the Wild Card Era, if not in minor baseball history.
This will be the 36th double-elimination Game 5 in International League history. The home team has won the last eight but has gone just 18-17 in the first 35 overall. The winner of Game 4 has had the same rate of success, winning eight of the last nine Game 5s ****** back to 1979.

It all comes down to this in the International League. Sure, the winner moves on to face the 51's in the Bricktown Showdown, which is a one game AAA championship game featuring each division's best two teams, but in AAA, winning the International League is pretty much winning the world series of minor league baseball. It really gets no bigger especially when it features a great minor league baseball rivalry. This one should be fun.

UP NEXT

Starting Pitchers

Columbus: Carlos Carrasco ; Louisville: Johnny Cueto
Carlos Carrasco.jpg Johnny.jpg

Series Info
Series tied 2-2.
Everything on the line tonight.
Pre-game Concert by: The Darkness

The Darkness.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »