Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #879
DukeC
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So rather than learn to stop the CPU offense, you essentially neuter them so they wont attack, therefore making it easier to play defense? I have had no problems stopping the CPU, yes sometimes they force things, but thats ball, last night in the DEN/GS game, there was a point there in the 2nd where they were going back and forth, PG not passing off the miss and pushing hard into the paint. In real life bball, you try and get the easiest basket you can, which is a shot closest to the rim, a dunk or lay. Defense is what stops that from happening every play.

I think the opposite as you do here, the CPU should be aggressive and try to score in the paint, hell DENVER scores ~60 PiP, pack the paint and force them to shoot jumpers
. Give the defense a boost attribute wise, since the game is geared (rating wise) to the offense and walla the game is balanced on both sides. 3.0 is coming.....
The reason why there are so many points in the paint in this game is becuase after a fast break (with no run play edits done in the coaching profile) the PG will drive to the paint a shoot a 2 foot 1 handed jumper instead of attempting a contested layup or dunk. Even SG's and SF will attempt to shoot a 2 foot 1 handed jumper if they can't get all the way to the rim. This is mainly what causes that inflation of PIP for the CPU as that type of shot goes in way to often.

I'd be content if we could influence the amount of standing floaters after recieving a pass and/or doing 1 or 2 dribbles (as that's how points are really scored in the paint aside from dunks and layups). Unfortunately 2k has only 1 standing floater and it's absolutely terrible.