Old 06-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #21
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Post the new plays you find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift7one
so the "Inverted Veer" is a playside power read option.

if you ask me, the Power Fk Jet in the Wildcat Spread Flex is pretty much this same play. the only difference is the RB motions from the slot. same pulling guard, and you can hand it off or keep it and run playside. works OK at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift7one
explained well and understood. for some of you who may just want to see a video of what I mentioned. well here it is. sorry its kinda crappy. phone isnt too great and I filmed it on my 27" Sanyo tube TV and not the big Samsung I usually play on. just bump up the Quality.

The inverted veer is quite a bit different than the power fk jet. With the latter, if you keep it with the QB (in '13 there actually is a read guy who does indeed make a noticeable decision to take the QB or motioning guy, but it happens very quickly) you following the motion guy and sorta use him as a lead blocker like you did in the video.

With the inverted veer if you keep it with the QB you run right up the gut instead of around the end. Cam Newton probably ran this play 5,000 times when he was at Auburn. Also, during the mesh, the QB kinds hops along sideways with the HB as he decides whether to give or keep it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove