View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruit Classes: Pre-made like Madden Draft Classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
That's too bad. It would be cool if they were made ahead of time. I'm really surprised if this is the case because this recruit is so similar to Robert.

It could be a coincident I guess but out of all my recruits he stands out as odd. First he has Baylor number 1 on his list and he is rated in his 80s. His rating even went up once scouted. Then not only does he want to go to Baylor but the predicted cutoff line that appears only has Baylor above it. The wrench in all this is that somehow I am scaring him off because he has decided to lock me out until I resolve his deal-breaker... playing time. The problem there is he is listed as an athlete so I have no idea who he is bothered by.
There are set recruit templates so there are LOTS of "clones" out there (where 2 recruits will be identical with possibly only a 1-2 point difference in every rating).

I didn't play Madden, but it's my understanding that their entire draft classes had templates so instead of individual recruits being the same here and there the entire class would be the same. If that's true, then no, NCAA doesn't do that (thankfully because that sounds really, really stupid if that's how it worked in Madden).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings