Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Stopping Corner Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
My first thought: the coverage is broken before the play even begins. The CPU keeps your safety in the middle of the field, no matter what. Even if he's matched up covering a WR on the far hash in man coverage, he's chillin in the middle of the field before the snap.

I'm being lazy you say?

I manually (EVERY PLAY) move the safety over right in front of the WR he's covering. Annoying, but fine. I'll do it. What happens then? How do they get WIDE OPEN on every corner route?

The safety I manually moved over, and stays put when I select another player to be DARTS BACK TO THE CENTER OF THE FIELD WHEN THE BALL IS SNAPPED. Please do this. Do it, then watch the replay and stare in disbelief at the safety. He will literally sprint away from his coverage responsibility, dash to the center of the field, then turn around to cover his guy, who is normally 30 yds away now.

The CPU has my safety do a freakin shuttle drill during the play EVERY time. UN BEE LEEV A BULL.
I don't know what kind of defense you're running, but when I play man coverage and my safety is supposed to cover a WR in man, he lines up across from him. I don't have to manually put him there and he doesn't sprint to the middle of the field at the snap of the ball. I'm on 360 if that matters (but I can't imagine why it would for this).

(The FS is the dude over the slot receiver in these pics)

3-4:

Nickle 3-3-5:

Nickle Normal:

Dollar:
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings