Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Stopping Corner Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Great screen shots, this is what I'm talking about.

Say the offense has twins to the right. Look at your SS, he's camped there in the middle, way back.

Now if he's got the slot WR to the right, if that WR runs any type of outside route, it's an automatic catch. So, of course, I manually move him over to the guy he's covering.

On the snap, my SS will sprint to the middle of the field, ignoring anything and everything, THEN go chase after his guy.

I'm in a 3-4 like you, bringing LBs. Try the 3-4, pick a play that blitzes 3 LBs, and do what I do with my SS. It's psychotic.
Maybe the difference is that it sounds like you run a lot of cover 0 (I almost never run cover 0). My SS in all of those pics is playing a deep zone, so his position is optimal. My FS, however, is playing man and is lined up immediately across from his guy. In those pics, all WRs/TE are manned up with the defender immediately across from him.

I didn't try anything with a cover 0 to see where my SS lined up, but I sure as hell wouldn't want all 11 guys near the LOS (so on the rare occasions where I do run cover 0, I wouldn't manually move my safeties to the LOS) as that's just begging to get burned deep (but I guess that's the chance you take with a cover 0).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.