Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #31
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
And you think Fred Davis isn't a bum? He's Kellen Winslow Jr 2.0 if you ask me. Great athlete, average tight end. There are at least 15 tight ends I'd rather have than Davis.

I pulled the following quote off CBS Sports about Davis.

If you don't want to blame Davis for his lack of production, blame Griffin. He's the one throwing the ball, after all. Maclin still produced with Foles throwing to him for what it's worth.
An entire post with no real response to what I said. If I read something that basically says they're forming their opinion based on stats when I know better, I'm going to ignore it. You can do whatever you want with it. I watched the games, I know what Davis did and then he got hurt. It's not an opinion. Plenty of sites said how much of a bum Aaron Rodgers was because he hadn't started yet and dropped in the draft too. There's also a commercial about a girl that met a french model on the internet.

By the way, I wasn't the one who compared him to Maclin. But the comparison was saying that Maclin was a bum after this year. If we look at Maclin's stats after this year we can say he was garbage because he didn't catch anything. It's an extreme comparison but the point is it's a silly analysis... that's what you're doing with Davis. Even if it's said that he played in 7 games, he wasn't anywhere near healthy for most of last season.

Last edited by wwharton; 09-06-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove