View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Yeats
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Can't score "team" goals, never concede any either.

Another way force your midfielders and defenders to join the attack is to create custom attack formations. Again because of the positional logic, players in FIFA tend to be locked into position-specific areas of the pitch. To get more midfielders to join the attack, create a custom formation with 3 AMFs. To get defenders to move up, reassign defenders to midfielder roles if possible. (You may have to go with a 3-4-3 or something.) I'm on the PC so I'm able to create formations with 8 or 9 FWs if I wish. I use a formation like that in the dying minutes of the game when I need a goal. My FWs flood the CPU's box (good thing) but it leaves me suicidally open to the counter attack which the CPU always and immediately jumps on (very bad thing).

Another thing that works (if possible on the console, not sure it is): change your back line RB RCB LCB LB positions to RWB RB LB LWB. Because of the way the positional logic works, all CB positions in the game do not press forward; they hang back at midfield, even when your team is banging away in the CPU's box. RBs and LBs however will move up to join the attack, as will RWBS and LWBs.

Last but not least, keep in mind there are player and team workrates to consider. Choose players with high attack workrates when you want offense. And set your team's attack attitude to high as well, utilizing both team tactics and the in-game d-pad attack commands.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-14-2013 at 09:04 AM.