View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
Burhead
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: King of the Hill: A Western Kentucky Story (NCAA 13)

Breaking: Petrino Next HC

December 10th, 2012

Western Kentucky has it's new head football coach and he comes in for the form of former Arkansas and Louisville coach, Bobby Petrino, he comes to the Hilltoppers after sitting out the 2012 college football season due to the recent motorcycle incident controversy. AD, Todd Stewart, conducted three days worth of talks and interviews with Petrino and decided he was the man for the job.

Mr. Stewart had this to say, "After sitting down and getting to know Bobby, I knew he was my guy. I loved his vision and plan for the future of the WKU football program. Is a grade A coach who has been successful at the very highest levels of college football. He will be the man to take Western Kentucky to the next level in our road to the top."

During the presser, Petrino mentioned that this was the best decision for he and his family. His kids live within the state and two go to the University of Louisville and his wife is from the state as well. He said, "It was like coming home," Petrino stated.

While Petrino is known for his passing game, he did mention the strength of WKU is its ground game and he will game plan to put his guys in the best position to win ball games. "If we can win throwing 40 times a game we'll do that, if we can win running 40 times, I'll do that as well. I just want to win."

Concluding the press conference, Petrino stated he will start conducting staff interviews tomorrow.

Press Release: Coaching Staff Named

December 15, 2012

In a press release from the school, the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers were pleased to announce the coaching staff for the 2013 football season;

Bobby Petrino - Head Coach
Jeff Brohm - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
Nick Holt - Defensive Coordinator
Ricky Brumfield - Special Teams/Cornerbacks
Neil Callaway - Offensive Line
Mike Cassity - Secondary
Don Dunn - Defensive Tackles
L.D. Scott - Defensive Tackles
Kolby Smith - Running Backs
Lamar Thomas - Wide Receivers
Ryan Beard - Defensive Graduate Assistant
Cort Dennison - Defensive Graduate Assistant
Pete Nochta - Tight Ends/Graduate Assistant
Ryan Wallace - Offensive Graduate Assistant
Todd Clark - Assistant Director of Football Operations
Nate Dennison - Director of Player Personnel
Joe Miday - Director of Strength & Conditioning
Sean Pugh - Character Coach
JaMarcus Shephard - Offensive Quality Control
Andy Wagner - Director of Football Operations
Scott Wilks - Associate Head Strength and Conditioning Coach

Note: For the sake of the game, I've decided to go ahead and play the 2012 season. I thought about simming but decided to go ahead and do it.