View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
stillfeelme
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2k14 how do you guys feel about ball handling/passing this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
NBA 2K should go completely with full live ball physics.

People looking for a "physics" based game, but turn around and say there's too much physics implemented. As the saying goes, "you can't have your cake and eat it too." Physics is an all or nothing phenomenon. What you're asking for is "selective physics." That is not how physics work.

So you're losing the ball when you dribble into someone because the ball grazes that someone's body part. Yes, that's how physics (collision detection works). When two objects collide, momentum alters for those two objects. Solution: Don't force your way into traffic.

Edit: plus, even though I don't develop games, I would imagine coding for selective physics is much, much more difficult. Selective physics is not realistic simulation.
I agree I think it is definitely selective physics they probably did it based off probability but what I notice is people don't play video game basketball the way they play real life basketball even if they know the game. The game (2k14) would be really sloppy for a majority of people if they did bring 100% physics IMO but it would be the only way to learn.