View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #27
tjspeaks
Banned

OVR: 8
Nice article JYoung. This game had a 'cult' following that lasted many years. I am not sure any sports game has been discussed more than this game. Hundreds of hours were devoted to the 'best bronze WR and HB' and the 'best generic players'. Valderez created 2Kfootballstrategy.com and the discussion, leagues, tournaments, etc. filled the site with thousands of articles and posts. The discussion at 2Ksports.com during those first couple of years was football 24x7x365 and went way beyond the game. There were so many great creative leagues, great personalities (just a few were mentioned in a song by Ebineezer to 2K asking for a customized non-NFL game), great fun and great memories. The game is still enjoyed by many today. With FlyingFinn's 2KEditor the game is actually better than ever with 20 CAPs, up to the minute rosters, legend faces that better resemble today's NFL stars and 3 ability bronze and 'copper' CAPs that changes the way the game plays. From what I have read and seen from the next gen's first football game; I do not see APF2K8 being dethroned yet as the greatest football sim on the planet. Hopefully next year...

Last edited by tjspeaks; 11-11-2013 at 06:14 PM.