View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #70
allhailben7
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Sorry in advance for the length here:

One thing that needs to be changed is the inherent perfection in players.

Make the Awareness rating actually matter.

Right now, the problem I have most with this game is that players are not distinguishable enough.

How often do you see miscommunication in the NFL? Sometimes, a rookie WR gets mixed up on his route or goes the wrong way on an option route. Even with the "Route Running" rating, we don't ever see this in Madden. Have a new Composure/Big play rating, causing rookies to make mistakes and veterans to capitalize. Have a rookie QB with low awareness occasionally throw the ball to the wrong area as if he couldn't remember his read or the route.

Have some form of a CB aggressiveness rating to cause them to jump curls and out routes, but have trouble on double moves/pump fakes. Incorporate that into some form of play making ability instead, to use across all defenders, giving us an actual risk/reward with players like Asante Samuel. This would allow for more dynamic ratings, leaving you deciding whether or not to pick up a great cover CB that has a tendency to bite on fakes and over-run plays.

Allow different players have different options based on their awareness level, to add to the chess match of football. Make us go after top - tier QBs/LBs, Centers, Safeties, and WRs.

I want to go into the 4th quarter down by 7 and lose Peyton Manning... and realize I can't audible or hot route. Better yet, port over the NCAA No Huddle screen as Audibles for top QBs and leave the A,B,X,Y audibles for lesser QBs.

Create a "Play Recognition" rating for offensive players (or just receiving options) or have a QB/WR chemistry option if both have high ratings.

I want Steve Smith or Wes Welker to be able to read bad CBs and get in good position to fight for the ball.

I want a potential Manning/Harrison connection to form, where a new Smart Route option is available after opponents use a certain play too much, which would choose better routes with a prompt.

I want Patrick Peterson and Darrell Revis to really dissect a route combination, while Josh Norman and Dee Milliner try to stick to their man or zone.

I want to go up against Jonathan Villa or London Fletcher and have the defense try to react to my every hot route or audible. I want to play against a young LB and have him make mistakes on calls or decide not to audible. I want a challenge against good, intelligent players that can dissect pre - play formations.

Along with this line of thought: coach personalities. I want to play against Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan or Dick Lebeau and have trouble figuring out their defense. I want the Lions to play aggressive, leading to a little more penalties. I want the 49ers to try to impose their will with physical play.

Basically, I want this game to have dynamic, game - changing personality. It needs to be able to set players apart and make progression actually mean something. It needs to have us struggle without key players and make us strive for better ones. I want it to separate the elite from the good, not just the great from the benchwarmers. It needs to show us a difference between players like Calvin Johnson and Jordy Nelson; Jonathan Vilma and Larry Foote; Peyton Manning and Eli Manning...

Yet again, sorry for the long post.