View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #503
Hadlowe
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Overall, I really enjoy the game, but, again, playing off-ball in MyCareer is frustrating as can be.

Entry passes: Good point guards are incapable of making easy entry passes. Westbrook stands at the top of the key dribbling for 10+ seconds while Durant has his guy sealed off at the elbow and the play breaks because Westbrook won't make the pass for some reason. This happens to my opponents as well, making it easier to defend them.

Rebounding: The big-man rebounding is worse, if anything, than any version of last-gen. I have a 7' athletic center with maxed physical attributes and rebounding (building him as a role-playing bruiser center like Pekovic). I can get 9-10 rebounds one game and 1-2 rebounds the next. The reaction time for big-men is incredibly sluggish, often taking two seconds for my player to move from a box-out animation toward the ball after a button press. That same problem doesn't happen for pg through small forward. Their reaction times are immediate with the button press, or nearly so.

The recovery times from a shot contest are far too long as well. I will play hands-up in the post and cause a miss only to be pushed fifteen feet away from the basket and be unable to contest the easy bunny after the shooter gets his own board.

Boxing out still seems to do nothing. I had Kevin Garnett boxed out on the left side of the basket and the rebound was coming down on the right side outside the key. Garnett slid ten feet to grab the offensive board, shoving me completely out of the way and into a stumbling animation, and then scored to win the game. It feels like the rebounding is still scripted. You can get a rebound only as long as the game says nobody else is going to get it.

Positioning and proper boxing out tend not to matter at all in situations where the game has decided that it doesn't.

CPU players are still psychic, moving to where the rebound is going to go even before the shot goes up.

I still get pushed out to the three point line on a boxout by such rebounding dynamos as Kyle Korver.

Playcalling: I have playcalling set to auto, but the CPU doesn't call plays at all. There will be times that I see playvision symbols at the opponent's end of the court when we are on offense. I imagine this could change with on-court coach, but I don't want to have to have a sig skill in order to play team basketball. I also can't imagine Scotty Brooks allowing his rebounding, defensive center to call plays with Westbrook and Durant on the floor.