View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
mbb643
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Its Extremely Disappointing That The CPU Never Pulls Up Off The Dribble

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Not sure. I only play on those settings now and haven't checked. I find people tend to play defense too tight on the point guard which causes the drive to happen more often. Start by sagging off some and see. I'd have to play a team over and over to see what I could do with defending it.

I'm like the other guy, I don't even think about it anymore I'm so used to it. It's probably more a tendency issue and better rosters might help but I think I asked Bedwardsroy19 about it and he wasn't sure. Might be wrong. Might have dreamt I asked him lol.

You can also take a foul on the floor in some of those situations and make the CPU reset the offense.
Yeah as I mentioned earlier at first it annoyed me, but now I'm so accustomed to it I hardly notice.

I play MyCareer primarily, though as a small forward. To add to my experience, I edited Spurs roster to contain all legend players, and got drafted there.

My starting point guard is Gary Payton, and 70 games into My Career, I still see him get bullied inside by the likes of Brandon Jennings, Isiah Thomas (Kings) and others through similar animations as show in your video.

I've learned to ignore it but it IS A PROBLEM. I play on HOF/Sim, which could have something to do with it. I haven't tried any other difficulties.

The worst part about this is that so many times this leads to Payton fouling the opposing CPU when they really don't deserve to go to the FT line. They force up some crazy contested shot and get bailed out time and time again.

What kind of game plan is it to run an isolation against a PG who has 99 OBD and 99 steal? Makes no sense but the CPU runs it all the time in every game I have played.

I have learned to counter it by helping out and double teaming, but even then they get bailed out with foul calls. I can even put down my controller and say yep, (x player) is about to get two free throws for charging the paint. And it happens time and time again.

Sorry for venting but I've kept my feelings about this major issue bottled up for so long, I'm just now realizing how much it truly bothers me lol.

Last edited by mbb643; 11-30-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo