View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Hellisan
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Coaching Career of Rusty Reid

Idaho Vandals - 2013 Roster

We're going to give Taylor Davis the chance to start, although he's obviously an inferior talent overall compared to Chalich or Linehan. Linehan is redshirting this season and Chalich will be there to step in if Davis fails. Obviously, none of these guys are particularly appealing.

James Baker is clearly our "bellcow" running back and I like his size, speed, and strength in comparison to the rest of the group. He tires easily and is horrible at pass blocking, so he will rarely see time in pass blocking sets and will have to be spelled frequently. It's particularly lazy roster making that every one of the HB has an identical 65 catch rating.

The good thing is these guys aren't totally awful. The bad thing is they're all seniors. We're going to be in real dire straits next season. LaGrone has shown the ability to make tough catches but is real slow in the flats, has difficulty turning the ball upfield without getting taken down immediately.

For a group with such horrible ratings, they're pretty strong and have half-decent blocking ratings. Bad news is that in practice so far they have played to their OVR rating and we expect we'll struggle to keep the QB upright this year.

Defense: As bad as the offense is above, I think the defense is significantly worse. I don't have the time to get into it now and will probably skip this step as it's a little depressing. Should be able to dig into it next preseason.

Last edited by Hellisan; 12-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.