Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #82
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I personally like the mode. It gives it a fresh feel to it. Ever since 2k11, it's been the exact same game mode every time with tiny little renovations to it. Everyone was asking for something that would make the mode interesting.

Well, you got it. They gave us storylines, cutscenes, etc., which keep me more interested in the mode than the old way, which was just playing a game and having a press conference afterwards.
Like da Throne, I completely respect your personal preference in enjoying the mode.

However, I'm not sure if it's completely accurate to sum up people's MyCareer requests as, "Everyone was asking for something that would make this mode interesting. Well, you got it." I do not subscribe to the, "Add anything you want, as long as it's different" policy. I feel there were a lot of ways people felt MyCareer could have been improved within the scope of an NBA basketball simulation title, but I'm not sure that included forced linear storylines and player mimes.

Quote:
I don't really care if it's cartoonish, or hell, I don't even care if some of the games are scripted for me to shoot poorly, because in the past games, I could do just about whatever I wanted on the court every game. This adds a nice variety to it, which in a way, is more realistic.
Again, regarding your personal preference, I have absolutely no issue. Still, I'm not sure I'd agree that scripts forcing one to shoot poorly could be construed as being more realistic. I believe there's a right way to introduce variety and a bad way. I feel scripts would fall into the latter.