View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #8004
UWfan206
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Really enjoyed the movie, enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would going into it. As you said though I'm not sure how accurate it was to Oscar's backstory and films like this scare me a bit as I'm never really sure if they're going out of their way to make him look like a good guy to drive the drama of the ending home or if that's really 100% accurate.
Yeah I agree about Grant's story and I'm not sure if it is 100% accurate but I still feel for the guy after watching "Fruitvale" station. What really impress me was how the actors act & talk like they're really from Oakland. I have a few friends from Oakland and and after each sentence they'll end it with "bruh..." and even his Asian friend had some "hood" in him which is common in Oakland. You'll understand what I mean if you ever met or talk to an Asian person from Oakland compared to an Asian person from Seattle or San Diego...I don't know if it was the hyphy movement a few years back or the rich Oakland hip hop influence but the Asians in Oakland are just different than other ones I came across..

With that said I also enjoyed "Fruitvale Station"

Last edited by UWfan206; 12-23-2013 at 12:32 PM.