View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #358
Hanoble
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

I am really enjoying these sliders and overall I think they are the best set for sim football on OS right now, but I am having some issues with user defense. Right now I am 12 games in and have 36 interceptions as well as 63 sacks. I am playing as the Lions and Suh already has the sack record with 28 and Rashean Mathis has tied the season int record with 14, half of which he has played as the nickel back. Compared to the rest of the league the highest sack total behind me is 40 and interceptions is 16. I have noticed a lot of it comes from zone defenses, specifically the flats in cover 3, which also leads to a lot of pick sixes. I have 10 defensive TDs in 12 games and the sacks, turnovers, and the scores they lead to are making my games very one-sided.

I know the sliders are put in correctly and although a couple of the QBs in my division are spotty, the Vikings are playing Nathan Enderle and of course you have the Bears QBs (I did knock out Cutler and McCown came in and out played him which I though was pretty neat), but Aaron Rodgers has thrown 1 TD vs 8 Ints against me. In the Packer game on Thanksgiving I was actually down 14-0 in the first quarter, but I got two pick sixes (both in the flats) and a field goal to put me up 17-14 at half. I then got two more ints in the third quarter and the game was 38-14 by end of the third. I ended up beating them 52-14 with 3 defensive TDs and 6 turnovers. This is honestly how a lot of my games have been going, with the first half being more competitive, but the turnovers eventually burying the CPU.

The worst part is outside of these excessive interceptions and sacks the rest of the game is playing fantastic. My completion % is perhaps a bit high, but I use a lot of check downs and overall I love how the user pass and run game feels. The computer offense is also solid as well, and I especially like the variety of the CPU run game from game-to-game. The only real issue is how the computer drives are being stalled with sacks and interceptions.

I had hoped the intentional grounding at 100 would help QBs throw the ball away and curb some of the sacks, but the CPU still does not throw the ball away. The vast majority of my sacks are from 3 and 4 man line rushes in which they have the chance to do something rather than take a sack, and honestly at this point I would settle for completions > sacks. The computer drops more picks than it should, but it is better than the "every DB has Jerry Rice hands" than what I was seeing with All-Madden based sets. I am really curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues, and if so have they been able to do anything to fix it? I will gladly take any suggestions, as this is honestly the best sim-like Madden I have played for years, and if I could just fix the int and sack issues I would put it up there with some of the great sports games I have played over the years.