View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #146
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
I don't know, it seems when teams audible in the NFL, most of the time they shift or motion or both to a different formation.

While it's good to have the option to only audible within the same formation, it's an artificial limitation that's NOT "in the game."
In EA's game it IS a limitation to stop people from exploiting man coverage A.I. For what it is I don't have a problem with it. We have to ask what is the biggest problem. Not being able to audible as we wish or having some kid or adult audible as he wishes and lo and behold your defenders are all covering guys on the other side of the field or nobody at all. Instant TD. So it's really not the audible system that needs to be fixed. It's the man coverage, swapping logic and how that plays out when someone uses the audible system. As it was before, it was a serious problem in player vs player matches. The other problem apparently was player personnel lining up in positions they would never line up in and having effectiveness at that position. DeSean Jackson lining up at TE due to audibling down then of course if it is man coverage you get a linebacker on him and it's over. Or he lines up at TE and seal blocks the OLB out of the play. Stupid. Or the offense comes out in shotgun 4WR audible down to I form Pro with Jackson at FB. He either is going to block with good effectiveness in the run game or he's always going to be open for the pass in man coverage. Unfortunately, this is not just a football decision.

I would say maybe they can add on a few forms to others, but they should just leave it alone for now until the work out the defensive side of it.

Last edited by LBzrule; 01-06-2014 at 09:11 AM.