View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #11
Kaanyr Vhok
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fifa 14 has exposed a lasting and often ignored design flaw in the NBA 2k series

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
2 things.

1) I dont even look at combine sprint numbers, because I dont think they represent a players game speed. Especially for big men who put on significant weight once they hit the league. I would need to know the sportuv or sportvu (can't remember which one) to find out the sprint speeds of a player to decide what there speed should be.
Count Lopez’s steps at halfcourt in the block on Kobe and the video where Wall out runs him. He is at least one step slow. You add that step and he is still in front of Wall thus the 43 rating is too slow. If I was a scientist I would provide this as evidence that combine sprints which are done in a gym wearing gym shoes are fairly accurate reflections on how fast a player will run in a game.

Exhibit B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHJ3tAuPbA
Nene had guard speed at the combine. He has guard speed in the NBA even while dribbling.

When bigs put on weight if they want to stay in the league its going to be muscle and it wont slow them down. If Rudy Gobert puts on 15 pounds he isn’t going to slow down. Now if Demarcus Cousins puts on 15 pounds that’s different but he is no more likely to gain it and get slower than lose it and get faster.

Quote:
2) I agree that the speed ratings on the game stink. But andrew bynum and Aaron gay are slow and cant move well. Most bigs use their length to defend in a half court setting, not speed and quickness. Until the game adds an acceleration and deceleration rating I think cg is the best we will get. Its not bad imo.
Aaron Gray had one of the slowest sprint at the combine and Bynum has bad knees. I have no problem with them being slow just not Big Looser slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove