View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #473
Jedaii
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Ok, so, if i'm allowed, here's why i think those sliders are not realistic, even if there's many good things. I think i that too many people are mistaking their dream of what basketball "should" be and what NBA basketball "IS". I also would like NBA basketball to be like Euroleague basketball, but it is not !

First, why would you lower the players speed ? NBA players are way faster than in the game ! It's already unrealistically hard to drive to the basket in the game (even more for the CPU) and players run plays way too slow.

Inside shots success at 44 and tendencies at 45/30. OK, here is the big mistake that most people seem to make. Inside shots are not just for guards driving to the baskets and finishinh with layups, it's also for big guys who receive the ball under the basket or after an offensive rebound ! How high scoring players like Howard, Cousins, Lopez, Pekovic, Gasol, Drummond, Monroe, Hibbert are supposed to score if they never shoot ?! Personnally, i was already tired in to see Howard finish with less than 10 points every time i played against the Rockets in the vanilla game !

Also, why do you all want FG% to be around 35% every game ? I don't get it. It feels like both teams are struggling in every game.

Attack the basket at 28. Wheter you like it or not, people, players are attacking the basket pretty often in NBA basketball ! Me too, i like european basketball, but this is NBA2k not Euroleague2k.

Layup defense is too high. The layup mechanic in the game is bad, shorter players get blocked way too often when they drive to the basketn which is a problem for guys who do that very often like Tony Parker or John Wall.

Continue the good work people !