View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Blazzen
Pro

OVR: 6
Blazzen's Next Gen Madden 25 Sliders

How To Load them: Enter the sliders from the MAIN MENU, NOT while in CFM, and save them. Change difficulty to All-Pro then load the CPU/USER settings from the saved file. This will allow you to have the custom settings but the difficulty will still say All-Pro. Go into CFM change and difficulty to All-Pro then load the sliders into your CFM. Don't make any changes in that mode. It messes things up for some reason.

Overview: I play with the Carolina Panthers who are a defensive oriented team and can struggle offensively. I wanted my sliders to reflect this in the games I play. The defense should be strong (but not too strong) and the offense should have some trouble moving the ball at times. One of the biggest struggles I've had is I'm able to run the ball too easy with the Panthers even with run blocking at 0. If I raised tackle or lowered fumble to make running harder I would fumble the ball too often. It took a while to find a happy medium. With this said, I also want realistic stats, not too many turnovers AND competitive close games. After countless hours of testing and the help from the entire slider community I've complied sliders that I feel accomplish this.

CPU accuracy at 50 is important. I find at lower accuracies that the CPU will not throw the ball downfield but instead do nothing but underneath passes. At 50 CPU accuracy I still keep the CPU within reasonable completion percentage because they start throwing downfield more and it's harder to complete the downfield passes. If you struggle stopping the CPU passing attack I would either raise pass reaction/coverage to increase coverage (you'll risk too many ints though) or I would lower CPU pass block to 50 so your pass rush can get home faster (you'll risk too many sacks though). Sliders are definitely a balancing act and they have to be fine tuned to each individual's playstyle to be able to get realistic stats while also getting fun competitive games.

I keep my penalty sliders relatively high because I don't see enough penalties otherwise. I find that most Penalties called are on the offense and this helps keeps the scores from getting out of hand. Occasionally, a roughing the passer or facemask call will boost the offensive drive. I feel with these settings they aren't out of hand but I'm starting to see more penalties called.

I call all of my own defensive plays. I mainly sit in a Base Cover 3, the same as the real life Panthers, and occasionally I'll blitz. If I'm unable to stop the CPU run in my base Cover 3 I will occasionally run blitz. I usually play as the MLB since they're the "quarterbacks" of the defense. Playing as the D-Line leads to too many sacks I find. I employ the "no switch" rule on defense. On offense I typically pick between the 3 ask Madden plays. I especially try to limit how many RB screen passes I do because I find the CPU has trouble defending it. In true Riverboat Ron spirit, I'll go for it on 4th and 1 if I feel like it's a call Riverboat Ron would make, but for the most part I play SIM and conservatively. The only time I may switch players on offense is taking control of the WR on a deep jump ball.

Game Options

Skill Level: All-Pro
Playcall Style: Conventional
Quarter Length: 15 Minutes
Coaching Tips: Off
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 Seconds
Camera Settings: Standard
Auto Strafe: Off
Heat Seeker: On
Ball Hawk: On
Switch Assist: On
Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 50
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold: 35
Coach Mode: Off

Player Skill

QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Block: 50
WR Catch: 50

Run Block: 0
Fumble: 10

Pass reaction time: 35
Int: 0
Pass Coverage: 35

Tackle: 50

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Block: 55
WR Catch: 50

Run Block: 50
Fumble: 25

Pass reaction time: 35
Int: 0
Pass Coverage: 35

Tackle: 55

Special Teams

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 25
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
KO Power: 50

Penalties

Offside: 75
False Start: 65
Holding: 65
Facemask: 55
Defensive Pass Interference: 50
Offensive Pass Interference: 50
KR/PR Interference: 50
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 50
Roughing the Passer: 54
Roughing the Kicker: 50

Auto Subs - I use default auto subs, but in order to split carriers between DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, I switch who is the #1 running back on the depth chart each quarter. So Williams will be 1st Quarter, Stewart 2nd, Williams 3rd, Stewart 4th.

Link for box scores
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by Blazzen; 01-22-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove