View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #3522
PimArkes
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRocket56
Yep you need to throw a self alley so your tendency is over 0 and then you will catch alleys. I have been trying for a while and finally got it done this morning. there is a youtube video by kingdoom about how he got his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rYtmY9Gjw

I will tell you my method. being 6 11' I cannot outrun anybody after a rebound(even if I cheat and run upcourt the moment shot is taken). So what I did was change difficulty to rookie/casual. Every time we inbound the ball, I would call for it on my side of the court and run out of bounds. when they inbound I would try and steal the pass. I was restarting after every quarter because I didnt want to set the team record for turnovers. Around my 6th try and after 8 turnovers my teammate stole the inbound pass and I was already running up the court, got the ball and did a self alley oop. I got mine exactly the youtube commentator got his.

You need a ton of patience as a bigman to do this. Also be very careful how you execute this. you need to press LT+A(xbox one) right around the free throw line. once I did it too late and I did one off the board to a teammate

Good luck
I guess I am one f-ing lucky bastard! On the fifth inbound pass. Batum stole the pass and threw it too me, and my center did an insane self-oop leaning windmill dunk (spilled my drink in excitement, lol).

So than I still had to play roughly 30 minutes at rookie/casual, so I just played a bit with it and tried to get oops from my teammates. They threw it too me about 5-6 times, but every time the ball went way to high, about 2-3 feet over my outstretched arms. Is this just a case of asking for oops and thus increasing the tendency or is there something else I need to do? For the record, vertical and dunk are maxed, hands are 88 (sound like the skills that should determine succes rate.)