Old 02-03-2014, 02:11 AM   #9
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can the CPU Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
So for those who don't know, I run a Tulane Green Wave dynasty on NCAA 13. I have a dynasty blog I write for it, which you can follow for you like.

Anyway, I'm currently in my 5th season of the series, and I've noticed some horrendous play on my defense's part. We have the #1 run defense in the nation, but dead-last pass defense. Recently I started actually playing defense, but before then I had the CPU supersim the D and I would watch (using the "Watch Play" feature). My defense would dominate the line in the running game but get shredded in pass coverage. In each of the first 4 games played this season the CPU-controlled D has given up 586, 313, 476 and 274 yards respectively. But as I payed closer attention I noticed something.

I user-control the offense. My offense is usually good enough to keep us in the game. But if I gain a good lead on the other team (controlled entirely by the CPU), the other team's offense will start throwing a lot of deep passes. Much of which go for touchdowns. My team stands at 1-3, and in every game this season the other team has completed at least 1 or 2 deep balls every game for touchdowns. Again, all controlled by the CPU. This has allowed the other team to get back into the game & ultimately win.

My first game this season saw the opposing team complete 27 of 52 for 586 yds & 6 TD's. But in my last game the opposing QB only completed 8 of 10 passing. For 274 yards and 2 deep-ball touchdowns. Keep in mind they ran the ball 36 times for a whopping 55 yards. This isn't the first time that's happened, as for much of this dynasty the opposing team's QB will only complete like 20/25 on average, but for 300+ yards & a few TD's. It seems like every game the opposing QB averages 20 YPC.

I just have one question: Is the CPU cheesing? Is my pass defense just that bad, or is the CPU really cheesing its gameplan on offense to get back into the game. If it is cheesing, can I do anything about it? If it's my defense, any suggestions on how to fix that? Or maybe is it my slider set? How do I fix that? Anyway, help would be appreciated, as I'm really starting to get frustrated with the game. Is CPU cheesing even possible?

Thanks!
It sounds like you're hitting the safety glitch that made '13 unplayable for a TON of people (I wasn't one of them, but I definitely saw it from time to time). The safety glitch is gone from '13, but depending on certain factors it could run rampant.

In case you're unfamiliar, it's basically where the CPU controlled safeties just have brain farts and run in and then out or side to side, allowing a streaking WR to just run past him for a wide open TD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings