Old 02-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
HC0023
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: OhMrHanky's 'Nother Slider Set - All-Pro, Penalties, and Auto-Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I've tweaked my other set enough to create another thread/slider set, so here they are. A couple of Notes/Points:
1. You will see penalties - I'd say roughly 5 Total per game, but somewhere between 5-10. You will see Holding and Clipping most often.
You will see Face Mask 1-3 times/game. You will see Offsides 0-3 times/game. You might see pass interference, but this is
extremely rare. The pass interference settings are EXTREMELY important, though. At Def/Off PI at 72/71, this provides quality
WR/DB interactions and helps with more swats than Ints.
2. You will see AutoSubs - I know, hard to believe, but this is what I'm seeing with my AutoSub settings: If you run 4 plays in a
row, particularly a long run (20 yards), or a run with a few broken tackles, you will see a sub take place. Your 2nd
string back will play 2-4 plays in a row before your starter comes back in. You will see something similar from WRs as
well, although this has been trickier. I run a balanced offense, so I don't see the WRs subbed as much. However, If
I throw a deep pass (50+ yards), the WR may sit out 1-4 plays and then return. I am NOT seeing disappearing players!!!
I am also seeing Dline subs coming in more frequently during the game. I have also seen some LB subbing on long drives.
Once again, all of these subs are happening for 1-4 plays, then the starter(s) come back in fresh. I am NOT seeing
disappearing players anywhere right now.
3. WR catch 61/60 - Some people may think this is too high. This is important as the WRs WILL challenge for the ball mixed with
the Def/Off PI at 72/71. You will still see drops from bad players and from hits right at the point of the catch. I believe
I'm seeing fairly realistic WR/DB interactions overall. Swats, timely Ints, spec catches (especially if you user catch
with ball hawk, but I am also seeing cpu WRs challenging better at WR catch 60). Overall, you start to see Better Quality
animations from the WR starting at 60 (better, more appropriate toe taps, better challenge for the ball, in general, jumping
for passes when appropriate and not just standing there watching the DB Intercept.)
4. QB Acc 31/31 - Some people think this is too high. However, with cpu pass cov 62, you will have a challenge passing the ball,
and for me, I need Acc this high to get the ball in there. At 31, you will see the QB throwing off his back foot more,
and you still need to be aware of body control, pocket presence, etc. to make good throws. You can still use max passing
at 31, and this is important for me. I play exclusively with the Falcons, and still have Matt Ryan. I throw right at 70%
which is only slightly higher than his 68%. I see anywhere between 50-70% from the cpu, and rarely see 80%+.
5. Cpu Pass Cov 62 - You can pass against this, and you can avoid Ints all game if you play smart and play well. If you find
yourself throwing too many Ints, lower this to 58-61, and this should help. This has a greater affect on ints than the
actual Int slider, so don't bother with that, imo.
6. Min Thresh 36 - I really think this is the best spot for this. Speed will matter, but it shouldn't dominate. Fast WRs will
get separation deep, but the coverage will make a difference, so while you can throw deep with separation, you won't be
able to complete every bomb.
7. I am currently seeing less than 10 total sacks per game. This has been hard to weed out, so to speak. I am getting less than
5 sacks per game. For 15 min quarters, I think that's pretty good. Between Player pass cov 58, cpu Qb acc 31, cpu pass
blk 48, and IG 72, the cpu is taking less coverage sacks (Yes, all of those sliders contribute to this, imo). This doesn't
mean you won't see coverage sacks, or get coverage sacks. What I'm seeing tends to be 2-3 coverage sacks in the first half,
and then the cpu seems to throw the ball earlier the rest of the game taking the occasional sack after that.

So, that's what I'm seeing. Everyone plays differently, so results can/will/may vary. I'm open to feedback and can normally offer
advice in tweaking to others' preference. Let me know what u think, or post game stats if you're enjoying the gameplay.

All-pro
15 min
acc clock On - 14 sec
Game speed Normal
Auto Strafe Off
Heat Seeker Off
Ball Hawk On
Switch Assist Off

Sliders Player/Cpu
QB Acc 31/31
Pass Blk 62/48
WR Catching 61/60