Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Starting 1st Association in 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Getting ready to finally startup(bought the game late) and have a roster question. I was told in another thread that downloading rosters from 2K might mess up your association. Is there anything special that people add when making rosters to get the simulation right(stats and user played games)?

I don't mind doing the work on my own, but would like to get the benefits of making it play better.

If there isn't really an issue with downloading from 2k does anyone make decent rosters for PS3? How close are the rosters 2K puts out since I would be using them as a base if I start from scratch?

Any other info on this year's association mode is appreciated. I.E workarounds or tips to look out for bugs.

Thanks for any help.
I didnt even take the chance this year to download a roster off 2k share, because the 2k devs continue to overlook these bugs every year, so my guess is the big is still there, but do not know for sure it is, but did hear some say there was issues, especially with created players in the roster. Created players will even effect your roster if you make them yourself from what I heard as well.

IMO the sim stats were tweaked and are better out of the box, but it definitely helps having editing rosters too. Touches, shooting frequency, is 2 key areas with sim stats. It always good to rate players accordingly too, as 2k has a tendency to overrate guys and with a few underated that arent big names. I have found lowering overalls helps if you like keeping roles and chemistry on.

Only stats that wasnt very good in team stat sims was turnovers were a little to low for teams, and team fouls were a tad low. In my roster I raised foul tendency on some players and that has worked, but probably Im seeing a few to many foul shots being taken now, so its tricky to get right. I was able to get turnovers a little higher by loweirng a lot of offensive awareness ratings. I just re started my Association so not sure how it will end up stat wise but so far so good, but I do play all my games with my team so it will take a while to get deep into it to know for sure how stats look.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts