View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 PM   #36
Dark Cloud
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: King of the Hill (Kentucky HS basketball dynasty) (FBCB)

We're not going to include Devante Patrick in our recalling of the players we're following because he's basically a duplicate.

Let's see how everyone's season went:

Tito Campos, DUKE
Duke lost in the NCAA finals to Colorado.
Spoiler

Tony Patrick LOUISVILLE
Ohio State got upset in the 1st round by 15th seeded UC Irvine

Spoiler

Jimmy Higgins LOUISVILLE
Louisville lost in the Sweet 16 to eventual national champion Colorado.

Spoiler

Henry Street INDIANA
Indiana was upset by 14th seeded Jacksonville State
Spoiler

John Ebner CKU
Central Kentucky finished the year 16-14 and lost to Morehead State in the 1st round of the OVC tournament.

Spoiler

Brian Pace MURRAY STATE
Murray State lost in the 1st round of the CIT to Hofstra.

Spoiler

Daniel Rodgers ILLINOIS
Illinois lost in the 2nd round of the NCAAs to eventual champion Colorado

Spoiler

So about what we expected in terms of our elite guys playing on a really high level nationally, while our mid-tier and low-level guys are closer to the norm. I think in terms of bringing new guys over, I'm going to bring over fewer elite guys and more of those 3-star types in most seasons. This class has me excited though to see how our incoming freshman from this last high school season do in college.

For this next season, rather than pre-create the recruits as we've done before, I'm going to replace some players who haven't been recruited during the spring recruiting season (January-March), edit a few of them with our recruits and see where they end up. It'd be interesting if mid-majors get them or if a major conference team manages to have a scholarship left over waiting for one of them, but it might be a nice way to spread the wealth a bit, but also to see if a solid player from Kentucky -- even a five star guy -- can have an impact on a high level for a lower tiered program.

What this means is, I can sim through the college season to around January or so and then go back to high school and almost run them parallel for the first time.