View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #39
Dark Cloud
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: King of the Hill (Kentucky HS basketball dynasty) (FBCB)

With a bunch of elite dudes already in the pipeline, the next few years I'd like to experiment with dudes who are not elite and who get inserted into the pool in January/February and then get recruited late. Should be interesting to see where they end up.

So we'll look at non-elite guys from successful teams.

1984-85 REGIONAL FINALS
REGION 1: Boyd County def. Atherton 92-83
REGION 2: Owen County def. Metcalfe County 90-66
REGION 3: Eastern def. Conner 84-73
REGION 4: East Jessamine def. Shelby County 65-54
REGION 5: Carlisle County def. Bracken County 77-48
REGION 6: Stovall South def. Ludlow 88-71
REGION 7: Burgin def. Walton-Vernon 86-84
REGION 8: Southern def. Glasgow 92-60
REGION 9: Mason Headley def. DuPont Manual 97-84
REGION 10: Bell County def. Lloyd Memorial 91-54
REGION 11: Knott County Central def. Lafayette 102-93
REGION 12: Highlands def. Bourbon County 85-76
REGION 13: Pikeville def. Greenwood 87-73
REGION 14: Knox Central def. Campbell County 83-80
REGION 15: Muhlenberg County def. Madison Central 86-78
REGION 16: Pulaski County def. Whitley County 89-70

Since two of my created high schools won their regions for the first time ever, I'm going to identify a player from each that we can put into the college process.

From Stovall South, here's SF Gerald Moorehead who didn't get to start until his senior year. Perfect guy to try to get recruited to a D1 program on a solid team.

Spoiler

Our 2nd and final recruit for this year -- we're going sparse this season -- is C Ethan Stockdale from Mason Headley High School in Lexington. He's not a fringe recruit, he'll get a lot of attention but I figure a big man is hard to find and at this point, we've established Kentucky as one of the best recruiting states in the country so we'll jsut go with it.

Spoiler

Ok, okay one more. Knott County Central are two years removed from a state title. Timothy Smith is a bit player on that team, but has played in games though he's never started. Seems like the perfect kind of guy who thinks because he played on a state champ that he ought to get a chance to play at a D1 school and maybe he can? I'd be curious to see who'd sign him.

Spoiler