View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
pjburrage
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Customization in Sports Games Important to You?

For me I personally love customisation in games. The two games I spend the most time playing are Football Manager and Out of the Park Baseball, and with those two games it's easy enough to do some complex customisation like putting my home town team in the English Premier League, or create a new take on MLB.
Some games limit the customisation (EA Sports seems to do this) by giving you a finite number of options. Think the only limit on customisation on for example a created team is your own imagination and ability.

Ability is the other aspect, with FM and OOTP it's relatively easy, and even though I'm not that good at say creating a jersey for OOTP there's a community out there that does it. What looks good about The Golf Club is that the customisation looks both complex yet simple, can rennet the old Links Golf Course Creator back in the early 2000s, that was easy enough to create a course, but to make the complex greens etc was a lot harder, this appears to have got that balance correct.