View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #60
dvazquez190
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help with stat degradation in RTTS at high level.

The old way didn't make it hard to become a great player. I find upgrading attributes in the older games just as easy as it is in this game. In some cases even easier because you were given more points based on goals you achieved. I find you get less overall points in this game making things a little more time consuming. Also it should be impossible to maintain a 99 in all attributes. Who in baseball history has had a 99 in all attributes. No one. So why should you be any different. If you want to play with a perfect player play franchise with one and player lock. That's not what RTTS is about. RTTS is an attempt at a realistic career. As for Mike Trout do you realize how good he was to start his career. He was a five tool player who was quickly pushed through the minor leagues and has been on a tear in the Majors. Players like him and Strausburg started out uber talented and polished their game for the majors. If you put up similar numbers as Mike Trout then you will gain enough points in the game to maintain those attributes, without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
If they want to make it hard to be a great player with 90+ every attribute, then there was nothing wrong with the old system of you having to fill a giant progress bar with points to add a point to that skill.

Make it harder to improve an attribute, but easier to maintain that attribute.

It makes more sense to make it hard to BECOME a great player than it being hard to MAINTAIN being a great player. Without spending stubs, it is impossible to maintain all 99 ratings. I'd rather have it be hard to REACH all 99 ratings.

Mike Trout, for instance, is a rare player that is great at a lot of things. But that doesn't mean he should deteriorate at a quicker rate than other players, it just means actually being as good as Trout should be the rare part.