View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #3523
mjavon
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Game two with these and another great game, I played as Florida State versus Alabama in Cowboys Stadium. In the first quarter I moved the ball well through the air, despite a lackluster ground attack. Still, I couldn't do much in the redzone and I was forced to two field goals. Bama's offense did nothing in the first, and I started off with a 6-0 lead. However Bama led a slow methodical drive to start the 2nd, taking the lead 7-6. Jameis Winston them proceeded to throw three picks, two of which helped setup short TD drives for the Crimson Tide. I made a couple downfield completions to set up a 44 yard field goal before the halftime score of 21-9. Winston must have stolen some grade A crab legs at the half because he came out hot. Nevertheless, my Seminoles trailed 27-16 heading into the final quarter. A second Winston TD pass and a 2 pt conversion cut the lead to 3 points, but Bama rolled out a long, methodical TD drive to go up 10. Scoring again with just under a minute left in the game, I failed to grab the inside kick, but stopped them from getting a first down, and got the ball back at my own 8 with 0:42 left and no timeouts. Completed a few passes, but took a huge sack which ran out a huge chunk of clock, which expired after the next play. I lost 31-34.

Total plays: FSU - 66, Bama - 56

Passing: FSU - 27/35 381 2td 3int. Bama - 18/27 227 3td 1int

Rushing: FSU-31 for 75 Bama-29 for 95

Sacks: FSU-1, Bama-4

Punts: FSU-1, Bama-3

Pass completion rates still slightly high, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Winston complete 27 of 35 in real life nor McCarron 18 of 27. What I'd be interested to see at this point is how poor QB's do against good defenses, both User and CPU controlled.