View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
@legendm0de
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: When to use Power vs Normal vs Contact?

These selections are very much situational. I don't use them to gain an advantage on the CPU, if your cpu level is matching you really well then you can't use these as an unfair advantage toward gameplay.

Power swing really strips your ability to hold off a pitch, rightfully so, so be convinced whether you are swinging or what zone you are convinced to swing at before you activate this swing. This swing does not guarantee you'll line it up for a HR either, you may just line up a ground ball or miss the pitch and end up hitting it like a middle school kid.

Contact swing, is where I get a little nervous that I gain an unfair advantage on the CPU. But basically, employing this when you are in a near desparate situation at the plate, 0-2 with a pitcher or weaker hiter up or in a desparate game situation. Basically, employing this you are just looking to foul off or simply ruin any pitch that catches you off gaurd in the zone. Balls PIP here are rarely crushed for any sort of XBH but you can see some get through the IF but most likely you will see a desperation looking swing mode in play here.

Normal swing, your player brings lumber up to the plate and do along the lines of what they can naturally do with it. The other two modes definitely have their disadvantages but they are used for a reason. Again, I do fear these modes can be abused though, by a human player if they're not playing on a high enough level.