Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #93
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15: Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic
As many have said, the lighting and graphics look great; the animations, mediocre.

I hope the developers understand that in football --- where the game is by necessity played from a wide camera angle so the players are relatively small on screen --- realistic animations actually contribute much more to a sense of realism than realistic graphics do. The fine graphic detail looks great on replays (and screenshots), but as a player you spend 90% of your time in a wide view where you can't even see it. In actual gameplay view, the animations are way more important.

You know what I hope though. I hope that Madden allows the user to control whether they want to retain the zoomed in or out-zoomed look during actual gameplay.

Instead of zooming out so much during a passing sequence, how about either programming the left/right trigger or shoulder button to either scan to the right or left side of the screen, in a sense mimicking the quarterback scanning the left or right side of the field instead of a vision cone of sort. Or double tapping both trigger/shoulder button to zoom out equally. Something along the lines of this. If part of gen 4 is about more intensive graphics, the default view should be a camera close to the field of action. But definitely not the Backbreaker view.

I want to remain immersed in the action on the field.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing